Moonshot23 Moon and nebula pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is exactly the attitude you should hold when examining ANYTHING, it's called critical thinking and if you learn critical thinking you'll understand all the traps and pitfalls ALL these conspiracies fall into and why the scientific community don't take them seriously.

Yet scientists will happily spend months 2km under the ground smashing atoms into each other, why do you think that is?

But not everything can be explained by an anomaly some things caught on camera will be real. Now I’m not saying it’s Aliens (but it’s aliens :p) but it could be something else Unidentified ie debris, small asteroids or rock, waste from previous space missions orbiting the moon. I just don’t simply dismiss footage as a camera anomaly.
The problem is that some people look at stuff with that much of a critical mind they wouldn’t believe it if it slapped them in the face.

For example, do you really think this helicopter is floating ? Or do you realise the limitations of digital recording devices, have you EVEN CONSIDERED THIS before you slap a "it must be a UFO" label on it ?

Logon or register to see this image

* I still can't see shit
Now that's just a helicopter shaped balloon, so aye it's floating

I think you're all taking the piss now :lol: this is a full screen shot and I can't see anything.

On the right hand side, under Share, there's 3 similar sized craters, one is partially off the screen. Watch the lowest (looks to be the biggest of the 3) from 8 seconds and you'll see the ducks appears and flap across the screen ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I originally thought, but I assume the OP/technical fella can rule birds out with the distances involved etc. Not sure like as no expert.
It's birds, you can even see the rhythmic flapping of their wings as they become more visible as their wings are up/down. They are clearly quite a distance away from the camera and probably not even visible to the naked eye as they'll be that far away. That why it looks like they're zooming across the moon when in fact it's simply due to the relation of their position between the camera and the moon.

Look at how big this UFO is! :eek: It seems to have an eye also!

It's birds, you can even see the rhythmic flapping of their wings as they become more visible as their wings are up/down. They are clearly quite a distance away from the camera and probably not even visible to the naked eye as they'll be that far away. That why it looks like they're zooming across the moon when in fact it's simply due to the relation of their position between the camera and the moon.

Look at how big this UFO is! :eek: It seems to have an eye also!

Looks like the pilots took a wrong turn there.

On the right hand side, under Share, there's 3 similar sized craters, one is partially off the screen. Watch the lowest (looks to be the biggest of the 3) from 8 seconds and you'll see the ducks appears and flap across the screen ;)

I see it now !! - just about.

We're talking about some particles that float across the line of sight of the lens in that area and then melt into nothingness half way across the shot.

That's your UFO @niceonemarra :lol::lol:

We're talking about some particles that float across the line of sight of the lens in that area and then melt into nothingness half way across the shot.

Yeah wow took you a while, could be weather balloons I don't know, so what do you make of them?

But not everything can be explained by an anomaly some things caught on camera will be real. Now I’m not saying it’s Aliens (but it’s aliens :p) but it could be something else Unidentified ie debris, small asteroids or rock, waste from previous space missions orbiting the moon. I just don’t simply dismiss footage as a camera anomaly.
The problem is that some people look at stuff with that much of a critical mind they wouldn’t believe it if it slapped them in the face.

No and so you shouldn't but keep an open mind, NOT like conspiracy theorist who paradoxically often say this while refusing to see anything other than their version of events. It might not be an anomaly, it might be aliens but I've just shown you two example of the limitations of digital devices, I can show you how poor your eyes are at seeing things too

These two tiles are the same colour, the top and the bottom are exactly the same colour, don't believe me ?
Place your finger across where they join.

Before you believe anything, you must know the limitations of firstly your sight, your brain and your equipment.
You must follow the scientific method if you want your theories to be taken seriously and most of this shit falls at the very first hurdle.

Yeah wow took you a while, could be weather balloons I don't know, so what do you make of them?

I'm supposed to be working from home today not analysing youtube videos for aliens !

They could be anything, there's no perspective, they could be small and close or big and far, I'm definitely not over the moon* at this capture like some of you are, why isn't this just flying particles from next door garden fire??

*pun intended

Last edited:
I'm supposed to be working from home today not analysing youtube videos for aliens !

They could be anything, there's no perspective, they could be small and close or big and far, I'm definitely not over the moon* at this capture like some of you are, why isn't this just flying particles from next door garden fire??

*pun intended
Its good that you are objective and you are doing it constructively - keep it up marra.

The OP obviously spends a lot of time looking at the moon so I welcome anything he spots out of the ordinary and I also welcome his opinion on what they may be. Its not like he is a conspiracy theorist trying to get us all to believe in aliens.

Are you watching on a Nokia 3310? ;) The various birds do actually go all the way across the screen but disappear at times. As I said, each birds fluctuates in size due to the wings flapping. If, like I can, you look real close at their positions between the frames you will see some seem to appear and then disappear. That way you can see there's more than the 4 that the OP had mentioned but you won't see them all at the same time given the wings aren't flapping synchronously.

Even the very 1st video in this thread is of a bird gliding or a satellite ;) However the pictures of the galaxies etc are class :cool:

Its good that you are objective and you are doing it constructively - keep it up marra.

The OP obviously spends a lot of time looking at the moon so I welcome anything he spots out of the ordinary and I also welcome his opinion on what they may be. Its not like he is a conspiracy theorist trying to get us all to believe in aliens.

You can slow youtube videos down to quarter speed (0.25) under settings and they are still very hard to see, how on earth anyone can come to the conclusion that they are UFO's is ridiculous. View in fullscreen at slow speed and you'll see how poor the shot is, the blurry heat shimmer, in and out of focus I just can't see it, is this it >>

This is what you're all getting excited about ?

As opposed to this

I just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing here?

Are you watching on a Nokia 3310? ;) The various birds do actually go all the way across the screen but disappear at times. As I said, each birds fluctuates in size due to the wings flapping. If, like I can, you look real close at their positions between the frames you will see some seem to appear and then disappear. That way you can see there's more than the 4 that the OP had mentioned but you won't see them all at the same time given the wings aren't flapping synchronously.

Even the very 1st video in this thread is of a bird gliding or a satellite ;) However the pictures of the galaxies etc are class :cool:

I'm on a 17.3" HD laptop watching youtube video full screen at 0.25 speed and I'll be fucked if I can see birds flapping wings !!

Last edited:
I'm on a 17.3" HD laptop watching youtube video full screen at 0.25 speed and I'll be fucked if I can see birds flapping wings !!
I was taking the piss as in you not seeing the 'blobs' in the first place and then saying they melt into nothingness half way across the shot when they do actually go all the way across ;)

You can't see the actual flapping man :lol: It's the fact that a bird changes 'visible' size when flapping it's wings that I'm on about. Hence, at the distance they are away from the camera, the camera focus etc, you see the blobs changing size/appearing/disappearing ;)

This is a video just showing how small birds can look on camera, even though these are much closer to the camera than the moon video as it was someone recording them going overhead.

Also look at the various sizes if birds in this pic below. You can see in the bottom group, the leading bird is smaller looking given the position of it's wings. Now hoy these birds far off in the distance but still in line of sight to the moon and there you have it. In fact you can see there's even a visible difference between the preview image and the actual image as it looks even smaller. You can see what I mean looking at the lone bird near the back of the top group.

The only UFO thing about it is that we don't know what species of birds they were.

I'm coming down on the flock of birds theory, certainly they move in the same way. I have no idea of sizes/distances etc so had assumed the more experienced (the video taker) would have factored all this in. As for watching in 0.25 speed, this seems to make them almost impossible to spot.

As for watching in 0.25 speed, this seems to make them almost impossible to spot.

It's as if the digital capturing device has limitations we haven't factored in when some of us made our judgement of the footage and we've discovered that it can only capture video at a specific refresh rate.

;)

In fact, looking on my phone, that preview pic just looks like a grey rectangle as you can barely see the birds. Even if I zoom into the page and look at the preview, those 2 birds I mentioned look as big as a pixel. On a laptop you can see them a bit better in the preview.

Looking on a phone is a possible an example of how they'd look if they were quite far in the distance but still within the line of sight between the camera and the moon. If at any point the birds were smaller than a pixel, due to camera zooming into the moon, then they'd blend into that pixel along with the moon colour. Again this is why they seem to disappear/fade etc.

:EDIT: Definitely birds as just by changing settings in VLC player you can see them better. This is a shit gif I made that loses detail/frames compared to viewing in VLC player but they are still a lot more obvious than the original video.

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

In fact, looking on my phone, that preview pic just looks like a grey rectangle as you can barely see the birds. Even if I zoom into the page and look at the preview, those 2 birds I mentioned look as big as a pixel. On a laptop you can see them a bit better in the preview.

Looking on a phone is a possible an example of how they'd look if they were quite far in the distance but still within the line of sight between the camera and the moon. If at any point the birds were smaller than a pixel, due to camera zooming into the moon, then they'd blend into that pixel along with the moon colour. Again this is why they seem to disappear/fade etc.

:EDIT: Definitely birds as just by changing settings in VLC player you can see them better. This is a shit gif I made that loses detail/frames compared to viewing in VLC player but they are still a lot more obvious than the original video.

The gif is just a black screen.

The gif is just a black screen.
Aye on a phone it is as it automatically goes to fullscreen. I couldn't edit my post again so just left it as I didn't think anyone would bother anyway :lol:

Try this one as it works in my phone but turn phone sideways and click the fullscreen icon. It's still not as good as viewing on a laptop/PC/TV using that fullscreen link.

Aye on a phone it is as it automatically goes to fullscreen. I couldn't edit my post again so just left it as I didn't think anyone would bother anyway :lol:

Try this one as it works in my phone but turn phone sideways and click the fullscreen icon. It's still not as good as viewing on a laptop/PC/TV using that fullscreen link.

I'm at work using 3 screens and a Laptop/Tablet and still cant see any birds. Jesus is that the time I've only got 45 mins to catch up as I've been on this thread all day, I'll try again later.

I'm at work using 3 screens and a Laptop/Tablet and still cant see any birds. Jesus is that the time I've only got 45 mins to catch up as I've been on this thread all day, I'll try again later.
You can't actually see the birds :lol: :lol: But if you have an idea how birds will appear to look when flying in a V across the sky at that viewing angle then you can certainly see how they appear to be birds. It's definitely not some unknown flying object shaped like a V using an invisibility cloak ;)

That's great work @MackemX the full screen version is much clearer on my laptop > Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

They look very much like birds in your gif

I wonder if this is still classed as a UFO @niceonemarra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back