Money back on season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a refund of £67;80p from LNER for rail tickets bought months ago for Burton/Rotherham away..that'll do me ..Hanging on to my Blackpool match ticket tho….but have my doubts that we'll be going to the seaside anytime soon...

Hmm. The accounts aren't out yet so they're guessing. However, with a full year of Davison and Lowes, it will certainly be over £1m.

It's speculation.
FTSE 250 salaries for directors of a third division club? Is that not a cost they have thought about cutting? Not sure how sustainable it is paying a league 1 FD 4x the salary of the average league 1 player.

4 season tickets here. Not wanting a refund, it isn't anybody's fault. If the games end up being played behind closed doors, I would hope that season ticket holders would get to view the streams free of charge though.

I think regarding next season, that it's going to depend on whether fans are going to be allowed back into stadiums before 2021. If it is not looking likely, then I think a lot of clubs will struggle to sell season tickets for next year in their usual numbers.
People like you are what will get us through this .

Well done fella

People saying that wanting money back are not fans while not knowing people’s circumstances is typical of some comments on here. It’s crackers.
some people might struggle to pay for tickets for a few people ( family) and 3 or 4 games plus many Saturday fixtures moving to midweek which for some is more awkward.

personally I won’t ask for anything back at all. Can certainly see why some would though.

uncertain times in the world never mind football so kick backs off the club are the last of worries at the minute. It might be an idea to reassure fans that they will get some sort of bonus game or discount gesture to be confirmed at a later date for those who do Carry on regardless. Just as a sweetener for those who are in 2 minds or whatever.

Last edited:
If the rest of the season is played behind closed doors surely fans are entitled to a little bit money back on their season tickets. Just wondered would it bother fans if they weren’t given any money back or happy just to accept it as a one off? For what it’s worth I wouldn’t be surprised if the club say you can have x amount of money back but it will come off NEXT seasons season ticket to try and guarantee some season ticket sales.
Are you an accountant ?

Couldn’t see me asking for a refund or wanting it,I’ve got uncertain times ahead being self employed but the season ticket money Is gone.
Might sound crackers but I quite like the thought of Sunderland being there to watch the other side of this shit storm. So 20000 50quids not being refunded could help with that.
I do however understand people may have paid for 5/6 tickets n that could be over 300quid needing that back. It’s all subjective and me not wanting it back would not make me critical of someone who did.

Also on a side note any prospective buyer is going to be a little put off with a million quid hole in the books

I expect a gesture will be given to season ticket holders via a gift voucher or something similar to spend in the club shop. I don't want a refund but they haven't / can't deliver on their obligation of what we have bought from them so I think we will see something back.

Not expecting a refund but would appreciate free streaming if they play out matches behind closed doors.

Longer to pay for next seasons ticket would be appreciated as I'm not allowed back to work until mid-June which is after the first direct debit installment.

If the rest of the season is played behind closed doors surely fans are entitled to a little bit money back on their season tickets. Just wondered would it bother fans if they weren’t given any money back or happy just to accept it as a one off? For what it’s worth I wouldn’t be surprised if the club say you can have x amount of money back but it will come off NEXT seasons season ticket to try and guarantee some season ticket sales.
If we asked for money back enmasse it'd be like taking food off a starving person. I say the club should offer us free first game for fa, league and efl trophy next season at best

~No chance of a fund on Season cards even if you wanted it. Although as several contributors have noted some kind of gesture from the club would not be an unreasonable expectation. Individual tickets are different and should be eligible for a refund.

Interesting one would be if the football league declared the season void and for the results to be expunged as has happened in the lower leagues. It could be argued that there is nothing to stop the season being extended until the end of December 2020, other than financial implications such as TV money for the season 20-21 season, Euro 2020. In such a case fans could argue that they had paid for a "nonevent" and therefor be entitled to a refund on season tickets. Clubs would also be able to seek compensation from the FA/EFL so a vast amount of lolly is involved, and doubtless lawyers up and down the land will be having wet dreams at the thought of such litigation.

I don't expect a refund on the ST but I wouldn't mind the money off the Blackpool tickets back.

I don't think they can do that refund without the say-so from Blackpool, and that won't come until they can be sure the fixture won't be played, or played behind closed doors.

I think the answer to your first question is definitely yes (Sale of Goods Act?).
As to your second question: each to their own depending on individual circumstances / point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back