Money back on season tickets

If you purely see this as a product and can’t see the bigger picture, I’m not sure why you support SAFC at all. I’m more than happy they keep my season ticket money under all circumstances.

~No chance of a fund on Season cards even if you wanted it. Although as several contributors have noted some kind of gesture from the club would not be an unreasonable expectation. Individual tickets are different and should be eligible for a refund.

Interesting one would be if the football league declared the season void and for the results to be expunged as has happened in the lower leagues. It could be argued that there is nothing to stop the season being extended until the end of December 2020, other than financial implications such as TV money for the season 20-21 season, Euro 2020. In such a case fans could argue that they had paid for a "nonevent" and therefor be entitled to a refund on season tickets. Clubs would also be able to seek compensation from the FA/EFL so a vast amount of lolly is involved, and doubtless lawyers up and down the land will be having wet dreams at the thought of such litigation.

If the void happened could you make a section 75 claim against credit card if you paid on one? At least that way you'd be getting money from banks rather than hurting club

If the rest of the season is played behind closed doors surely fans are entitled to a little bit money back on their season tickets. Just wondered would it bother fans if they weren’t given any money back or happy just to accept it as a one off? For what it’s worth I wouldn’t be surprised if the club say you can have x amount of money back but it will come off NEXT seasons season ticket to try and guarantee some season ticket sales.
Just accept it its only 3 games and these are unusual circumstances

Hardly like for like. There are 3 game left out 23. That's between £40 and £104 (South Stand up to BCB), as opposed to potentially thousands on a family holiday.

OK losing a day from a holiday. Its still paying for goods not received.
And its either 4 from 23 or 3 from 22 games

The club will put plenty of options on the table 'I think' and people will be able to decide based on their own circumstances which option they choose. I don't think a refund should be off the table for the remaining games but only if you can prove that any of the other options couldn't be chosen for extenuating circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see them offering refunds, they didn't when the Bury game was lost, but I may be wrong. I didn't think they would push back the first DD payment date and I was wrong on that.

It doesn't make any difference to my decision to renew, I've already signed up again next year and would have been happy to pay on the original DD date, but if the opportunity is there for a refund, for three season tickets, of course I would take it. I'm more interested in my own financial resilience at the moment than I am that of a football club I have given God knows how many thousands of pounds to over the years.

As to people on a message board where loads of people don't go to the games claiming that I'm not a proper fan as a result, despite having been a season ticket holder for decades, missed only a handful of home games since 1982, etc, etc, good luck with that.

If the rest of the season is played behind closed doors surely fans are entitled to a little bit money back on their season tickets. Just wondered would it bother fans if they weren’t given any money back or happy just to accept it as a one off? For what it’s worth I wouldn’t be surprised if the club say you can have x amount of money back but it will come off NEXT seasons season ticket to try and guarantee some season ticket sales.

Nah, won't be asking for a refund, want to help our club as much as I can!

I can't see them offering refunds, they didn't when the Bury game was lost, but I may be wrong. I didn't think they would push back the first DD payment date and I was wrong on that.

It doesn't make any difference to my decision to renew, I've already signed up again next year and would have been happy to pay on the original DD date, but if the opportunity is there for a refund, for three season tickets, of course I would take it. I'm more interested in my own financial resilience at the moment than I am that of a football club I have given God knows how many thousands of pounds to over the years.

As to people on a message board where loads of people don't go to the games claiming that I'm not a proper fan as a result, despite having been a season ticket holder for decades, missed only a handful of home games since 1982, etc, etc, good luck with that.
How would you feel if your actions contributed to the club going into admin ?

Depends whether there’s a force majeure clause in the season ticket agreement as to whether there’d be any entitlement to a refund at all.

The club doesn't have to worry about the fans for support through this nightmare situation. That much is evident on this thread. Its very humbling.

How would you feel if your actions contributed to the club going into admin ?

From fag packet figures, I would be entitled to a refund of £88 for three tickets, so if that was what sent the club under they probably wouldn't have lasted very much longer anyway.

Incidentally, do you ask the same question of anyone who doesn't buy a season ticket in the first place? Or anyone who misses a Cup match? Or anyone who gets a season card in one of the cheaper parts of the ground?

Have you been to every home match in all competitions this season?

4 season tickets here. Not wanting a refund, it isn't anybody's fault. If the games end up being played behind closed doors, I would hope that season ticket holders would get to view the streams free of charge though.

I think regarding next season, that it's going to depend on whether fans are going to be allowed back into stadiums before 2021. If it is not looking likely, then I think a lot of clubs will struggle to sell season tickets for next year in their usual numbers.
This.

More than happy to cut my losses given the circumstances — I agree that if the club has the capacity to show games behind closed door games by stream then existing season ticket holders should be given access to SAFsee or whatever it’s called.
Incidentally, do you ask the same question of anyone who doesn't buy a season ticket in the first place? Or anyone who misses a Cup match? Or anyone who gets a season card in one of the cheaper parts of the ground?
Good point, well made.

Back