Money back on season tickets

Free access to watch the matches on safcsee, maybe chuck in a free check a trade next season if we don't get up and maybe something like a £10 voucher to use in the club shop off next year's home or away top.

Depends whether there’s a force majeure clause in the season ticket agreement as to whether there’d be any entitlement to a refund at all.
At this point I’m willing to accept that for the foreseeable future supporters won’t be able to watch live games.

I’m also prepared to accept that the best case scenario is games being played behind close doors, which no-one particularly wants but it’s better than nothing, and we can all be grown up enough to just say “so fuck if there’s no atmosphere. Some form of live entertainment is better than months and months of no entertainment at all.”

So I’m more than happy to continue paying the cost of my season ticket but would like to think the club would look to stream the games where possible and offer the facility to watch games on SAFCsee or whatever they call it, to season ticket holders.

From fag packet figures, I would be entitled to a refund of £88 for three tickets, so if that was what sent the club under they probably wouldn't have lasted very much longer anyway.

Incidentally, do you ask the same question of anyone who doesn't buy a season ticket in the first place? Or anyone who misses a Cup match? Or anyone who gets a season card in one of the cheaper parts of the ground?

Have you been to every home match in all competitions this season?
Collectively if every season card holder demanded a refund it could have a negative impact , obviously the club would have to be bordering on financial ruin
It has obviously hit a nerve
I’ve been to the majority of games & at £45 a pop will have spent more than a lot of season card holders & less than others

Probably because that’s a completely different situation.

It's more your comment that folk shouldn't get a refund just cos its a global crisis. Regardless of that, people have paid for something they haven't received & are consumer laws to protect against that.

Yes its admirable that people are willing to forgo any refunds to help the club, but equally there's loads who will now be out of work who could do with the extra cash, and there does seem a lot of judging on here about people who might want what they should be owed.

There should be a temporary policy in place until the final decision is made about the continuance of the season. People cant wait around forever. Like i said earlier the club should give a few options.

They have already paid?
Perhaps so, but if they are currently unemployed, then a refund - however small it would be, is a welcome addition to a very low income. Don't have a ST myself, but if I had 1 then I personally wouldn't be asking for refund
There should be a temporary policy in place until the final decision is made about the continuance of the season. People cant wait around forever. Like i said earlier the club should give a few options.

Wont do that - It would be (if anything) ... Option A (refund of X) or Option B (no refund)

Giving folk 3 or 4 options would be asking for trouble - Not too bad if ya called Fleetwood but too difficult to manage for a fanbase of our size.

Last edited:
If the rest of the season is played behind closed doors surely fans are entitled to a little bit money back on their season tickets. Just wondered would it bother fans if they weren’t given any money back or happy just to accept it as a one off? For what it’s worth I wouldn’t be surprised if the club say you can have x amount of money back but it will come off NEXT seasons season ticket to try and guarantee some season ticket sales.

No.

The club didn't suspend the season

Free access to watch the matches on safcsee, maybe chuck in a free check a trade next season if we don't get up and maybe something like a £10 voucher to use in the club shop off next year's home or away top.
Probably be this.
Was in the club shop just before the social distancing thing kicked off and they had shit loads of stuff to get rid of for next to nowt, and imagine they'll want it all gone with the new kit supplier.

What law would they be breaking in not refunding cancelled games?
Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

OFT guidance...

6.1.2 Excessive rights for the supplier. Cancellation of a contract by the supplier can leave the consumer facing inconvenience at least, if not costs or other problems. Where that is so, a unilateral right for the supplier to cancel without any liability to do more than return prepayments is likely to be considered unfair (see Group 6(b), on terms which exclude even that liability).

6.1.5 A right to cancel where the consumer is not at fault, with liability only to return prepayments

6.2.1 Cancellation clauses which allow the supplier to cancel without acknowledging any right on the part of consumers to a refund of prepayments can be particularly open to abuse. This applies equally to precontractual deposits and sums paid when (or after) the contract is entered into.

6.2.2 As with cancellation rights generally, concern arises particularly where such a term could be used at the discretion of the supplier. But even a more restricted right to cancel, for example, along lines indicated in paragraph 6.1.5, is likely to be unfair if it could allow retention of prepayments for which the consumer has received no benefit.

We buy a season ticket which entitles us to attend every league match. We've had that benefit. I know we're getting 4 less League games than we expected for our money, but it's still every game.

Offer a 10% refund to any season ticket holders renewing (cash refund to those who have already done it), and make it quick before people twig there isn't going to be any live footy till new year at the earliest.

Back