'Minor explosion' triggers evacuation of London tube...

I've nothing against London spend a few days a week there but what the London clique forget is most of the UK has those.

Sport I give you. Very hard to compete with London for football, rugby, cricket etc... particularly internationals.

As for the rest I live by Leamington Spa. Has amazing parks, about 100 pubs including everything from wine bars to olde Worldy traditional pubs. Top restaurants including Michelin starred. Even more pubs and restaurants 12 minutes on the train in Birmingham which is probably shorter then most tube rides.

We have exactly the same bands big and small here as they tour and play huge venues like the NIA, NEC, Academy. Fly anywhere from Birmingham.

I'm sure London is great but probably 20 cities in the UK and even more towns will have more then enough great places for the things you mention then most people ever need.

Birmingham isn’t 12 minutes away from Leamington Spa by train, half an hour at least.

My cousin Martin lived in london for a few year before moving back up north, says it’s a scary place now. Got to the point he would cross over the road if he saw someone pushing a pram for fear of bombs inside them. Never used the tube and would only use the bus as a last resort. If someone got on with a backpack he’d get off straight away. Says once the bus was that packed and he was that scared he got out using the emergency exit right in the middle of Clapham High Street

Cesspit of this fine country.

agreed

My cousin Martin lived in london for a few year before moving back up north, says it’s a scary place now. Got to the point he would cross over the road if he saw someone pushing a pram for fear of bombs inside them. Never used the tube and would only use the bus as a last resort. If someone got on with a backpack he’d get off straight away. Says once the bus was that packed and he was that scared he got out using the emergency exit right in the middle of Clapham High Street

Bloody hell mate, thoughts with Martin there.

Last edited:
Martin’s a fanny.

I am sure this is a parody (like care Urda earlier) but honestly there are plenty on this thread who will see this as absolute truth. My daughter has been living in London for 3 years now and I think it is a cracking city although not sure I would like to love there at my age - too old for the hustle and bustle

Birmingham isn’t 12 minutes away from Leamington Spa by train, half an hour at least.

Your right the quickest is 25 minutes from Parkway. But point still stands that's shorter/equivalent to most people going out in London unless they are rich enough to live in zones 1-3

Was thinking much the same there, unless they've built the HS2 stretch in Warwickshire without telling us.

It's not that quick. 25 to 30 minutes on the fast train

I can see why newcomers feel scared in London, especially with the Daily Mail talking about bombs, acid attacks, moped gangs and stabbings every day. They make it sound like it's WW3 down there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, just the DM stirring the shit. Not one other news outlet reports on these events, especially not the BBC. The bastards made it up because it suits their anti immigrant stance.

Ha’way man!

:lol:

Superb!

Fuckin hell.... Bombs, stabbings, gang war,£10 pints, Arabic street names and mosques on every corner I can take but............. You have skunks as well ? :eek:

Mate there’s 3 just on my team.

1 is from Kent

Sergeant shithouse if you don’t mind

Some of the posts on this thread are hilarious. Why on earth would you be on edge in London? I quite happily cycle through and run around some of what will be statistically the roughest boroughs, never had any problems and never felt on edge. Northerners are supposed to be hard, reading this thread gives the impression that the majority are just absolute raving fannies

Exactly

I walk round Brixton (where my girlfriend lives) and Wood Green (close to mine) all the time and I’ve had no bother ever.

Last edited:

Back