'Minor explosion' triggers evacuation of London tube...

Love London me like , was there Saturday , never felt “on edge” there in my life and I’ve been going since I was 12.
I suppose it's just alien to some people, hence the fear, which is a natural human response to new surroundings. If you or I moved to Glasgow for the first time we'd probably feel on edge. I had a rescue dog years ago that shook and hid in a corner for the first few days because of the strange surroundings. Same thing.

I can see why newcomers feel scared in London, especially with the Daily Mail talking about bombs, acid attacks, moped gangs and stabbings every day. They make it sound like it's WW3 down there.

I suppose it's just alien to some people, hence the fear, which is a natural human response to new surroundings. If you or I moved to Glasgow for the first time we'd probably feel on edge. I had a rescue dog years ago that shook and hid in a corner for the first few days because of the strange surroundings. Same thing.

I can see why newcomers feel scared in London, especially with the Daily Mail talking about bombs, acid attacks, moped gangs and stabbings every day. They make it sound like it's WW3 down there.

The longer I lived in London, the more wary I was tbf :lol:

It’s avsolutely the opposite. No one who live in London gives a fuck. It’s the boring arseholes from crap towns who bleat on with “it’s a shit hole”, when it’s quite obviously not
What you on about you absolute melon. Cause it’s a shit hole man. Edgiest place to go on Earth. Won’t take me kids there either because it’s not safe.Don’t go personal because you aren’t allowed concerts anymore because Paul Scrafton launched panda pop at bonjovi

theres a lad on here called @duff_man on the force. Think his name is shithouse :lol:

Sergeant shithouse if you don’t mind

Some of the posts on this thread are hilarious. Why on earth would you be on edge in London? I quite happily cycle through and run around some of what will be statistically the roughest boroughs, never had any problems and never felt on edge. Northerners are supposed to be hard, reading this thread gives the impression that the majority are just absolute raving fannies

Some of the posts on this thread are hilarious. Why on earth would you be on edge in London? I quite happily cycle through and run around some of what will be statistically the roughest boroughs, never had any problems and never felt on edge. Northerners are supposed to be hard, reading this thread gives the impression that the majority are just absolute raving fannies
London has got some shit areas, like every city in the U.K. (and the world), but I’ve been here a decade and never felt threatened at all

You’re doing a great job Tosh

You know something? That was my thought too. Where have all the bollocks gone? Bunch of f***ing eunuchs.

i dont think any one is anti london

i think people are just anti up - there - own - bulbous - arse - hole - i - live - in - london lot

I can’t stand the heat there. Find it stifling in summer.

Don’t like how the investment in the country is so massively skewed towards London either.

Nobody posting on this thread is “on edge”, they’re just attention seeking “bantz” jockeys

The longer I lived in London, the more wary I was tbf :lol:
Well that's just the common-sense kicking in after the honeymoon period :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it's a big scary city with some big scary bastards, but I think people are initially put off just by the fact it's strange new surroundings. And the Daily Mail doesn't help.

I wonder why so many people in the north east are jealous of people who live in London. It’s a great city. If you’re English you should be proud of it. I love visiting it and when I do I’m never on edge at all. Love the place and I’ve never had any problems with the people either.

Back