'Minor explosion' triggers evacuation of London tube...

My cousin Martin lived in london for a few year before moving back up north, says it’s a scary place now. Got to the point he would cross over the road if he saw someone pushing a pram for fear of bombs inside them. Never used the tube and would only use the bus as a last resort. If someone got on with a backpack he’d get off straight away. Says once the bus was that packed and he was that scared he got out using the emergency exit right in the middle of Clapham High Street

Sounds like he needs to see a doctor about his paranoia :lol:.

It's not as trouble free as the policeman will make out and certainly not as much of a case of "don't be a wrongun and you'll avoid all the trouble", but it isn't like Mogadishu or out, in my experience.

My cousin Martin lived in london for a few year before moving back up north, says it’s a scary place now. Got to the point he would cross over the road if he saw someone pushing a pram for fear of bombs inside them. Never used the tube and would only use the bus as a last resort. If someone got on with a backpack he’d get off straight away. Says once the bus was that packed and he was that scared he got out using the emergency exit right in the middle of Clapham High Street
Your cousin Martin sounds more of a bombscare than any backpack

I was visiting friends in April, wandered along the south bank and across the wobbly bridge, up past st pauls, all the way to covent garden

didnt feel any worse or think about anything different than a wander through Newcastle

if you worry about everything than you are not living as far as I am concerned

I was visiting friends in April, wandered along the south bank and across the wobbly bridge, up past st pauls, all the way to covent garden

didnt feel any worse or think about anything different than a wander through Newcastle

if you worry about everything than you are not living as far as I am concerned

I agree with that. The problem is, fear isn’t a choice. I feel sorry for those who are genuinely phobic in big cities.
I’m not one for big city life, but I wouldn’t say I’m scared.

Just saw Sid in Asda there. Apparently he hasn't worked in London for over a month now and is now working for a small contracting firm in Newcastle. Says he wouldn't go back to London if he was paid double what he gets now. Strong words from Sid.

London is class. I love it, the wife loves it and I take the kids to a show and shopping there every Christmas- which is fkin nightmare:D

Back