Millionaires And Billionaires

It shows there are things wrong in a country, and it's not only ours, when there are billionaires with cash piled up living in huge mansions while others sleep on the streets often within walking distance without even a pot to piss in.

I'd retire and do the things I want to do if I ever got close to £1m. I would have no desire to make or need more money than that.
And that’s why those wealthy people carry on accumulating wealth and most other people don’t
The great reset
And the same families would have amassed the majority of the wealth within 1 generation

Greedy kernts
It becomes like a drug.

The more you have ,the more you want. In many cases, not all.
Are you telling me I’m addictive to being skint
More money than their rich friends.

I’m not joking. There is nothing they want more than more money. It’s not money anymore in the sense of something you live on. It’s just a number that can be compared to others’, basically a penis-measuring contest of investment accounts.
Ok so ur on about Someone like Johnson boasting about his Johnson in a posh voice? Is it really as simple as that?
I think ur on to something

Last edited:
i can categorically state that if i was a millionaire, i'd be the best millionaire that ever lived. i'd spend each and every minute of every day doing good things for myself and the people around me. i'm totally wasted working 60 hours per week.

i can categorically state that if i was a millionaire, i'd be the best millionaire that ever lived. i'd spend each and every minute of every day doing good things for myself and the people around me. i'm totally wasted working 60 hours per week.
Hypothetical question. Million quid hits your account today.

What do you do with it

What do you do with it

Pay off my mortgage for starters.
Or find the place we want to live in Scotland and buy it out right.
Pay for energy saving and energy improvements to it before we move in.
Electric car charger, electric car etc.
Move.

How much do I have left?

What do you do with it

pay off mortgage. ring a few financial advisors. put it into a few low risk investment funds that would return 2.5% per year, and live happily on £25k per year in my house, ramp up my triathlon training, read the pile of books i've got on my bedside table, learn to play guitar and piano properly, learn a foreign language, do all the jobs on my mams house that i never get round to, spend as much of my money in local businesses as possible, cycle to the fruit and veg shop every day and buy fresh bread, volunteer at events and do stuff for charity, spend more time with family and friends, run errands for people, post shite on the smb

Minus 2 hundred grand

I'm going to be safe and say it'll cost £350,000 for the buying it, doing what needs going etc. We won't get into the electric car bit yet.
I'd give a big donation to the RVI in Newcastle - specifically the children's cancer bit - Ward 34 if my memory serves. Whatever they need. New scanner or whatever.
For sake of argument, let's say that's another £100,000.
We're up to £450,000.

Probably pay off the mortgage on our old house which we rent out. We've hit £500,000.

I'd then ask my Mam and Dad what they needed or what they wanted to do. If it's to move closer to my sister and family, I'd look at helping with that.
If they don't want that, I'd have to have a think what to do with the rest.

I'd pay for speed cameras on a couple of roads near us. Just so I have the satisfaction of knowing I've paid to catch some of the absolute wankers who treat Leigh Road like the start of the F1.
I have no idea how much that would be to do, install and monitor. £50,000?
That may be a waste of £50,000 if I no longer live there, but it would be my parting gift to our neighbours. I'd also ask for speed bumps on the road near ours too as it's round the corner from school.
Say that's another £100,000.

I'm left with £400,000.
If I could, I'd probably stop work and retrain to do something more hands on.
I'd buy a couple of other properties too and rent them out so I have an income.

I think that's about it.

I'm going to be safe and say it'll cost £350,000 for the buying it, doing what needs going etc. We won't get into the electric car bit yet.
I'd give a big donation to the RVI in Newcastle - specifically the children's cancer bit - Ward 34 if my memory serves. Whatever they need. New scanner or whatever.
For sake of argument, let's say that's another £100,000.
We're up to £450,000.

Probably pay off the mortgage on our old house which we rent out. We've hit £500,000.

I'd then ask my Mam and Dad what they needed or what they wanted to do. If it's to move closer to my sister and family, I'd look at helping with that.
If they don't want that, I'd have to have a think what to do with the rest.

I'd pay for speed cameras on a couple of roads near us. Just so I have the satisfaction of knowing I've paid to catch some of the absolute wankers who treat Leigh Road like the start of the F1.
I have no idea how much that would be to do, install and monitor. £50,000?
That may be a waste of £50,000 if I no longer live there, but it would be my parting gift to our neighbours. I'd also ask for speed bumps on the road near ours too as it's round the corner from school.
Say that's another £100,000.

I'm left with £400,000.
If I could, I'd probably stop work and retrain to do something more hands on.
I'd buy a couple of other properties too and rent them out so I have an income.

I think that's about it.
There's absolutely no way you'd a) do that or b) be able to afford that

I'm guessing it's an addiction, once you get into money everything is suddenly more expensive and you want more and more. I don't know any millionaires personally but the people I know with above average coin are tight as fuck 😂

Back