Michael Vaughan

Swann can be ok, but he has (had?) this habit of always talking about football

I also like Aggers

I’ve not really noticed that with Swann but talking about Newcastle isn’t talking about football. Fnar fnar.

Probably the wrong place to admit this but he came across as a decent down to earth bloke on Strictly.

I also met him after the NZ ODI at the Riverside in 2015 and despite being only able to tell him three times that he was “Alright for a Mag”, he still posed for a photo and smiled his way through. It did look a fearful smile mind.

I actually don’t mind Swann. He’s a bit excitable but harmless enough. Quite enjoyed the stick he gave to the subject matter in the KP documentary on Sky Sports.

Looks like I’m in a bit of a minority, but I love Aggers. A real old style cricket broadcaster, there’s not many of his ilk left.
I don’t mind Swann either, in small doses. I like Aggers too, really liked him and Boycott together and the windups were great. But the Twitter thing made me see him a bit differently and the fact he hasn’t been more condemning of what’s occurred this last week or two has frustrated me. I think he was rebuked by the BBC over the Twitter stuff so maybe that’s why he’s not being more outspoken.

He thinks he is a very funny - but no-one else can see it.

I ended up watching the last test on Astro Cricket (not sure if he was on the C4 coverage too) with "Swanny" - in between his hilarous banter and using nicknames for the various players whilst pointing out how much better he was than anyone else he spent most of his time talking about beating Australia and India beating Australia. He didn't add a lot - more akin to some of the Aussie commentators IMO.

However I did also catch some of the Hussain and Key cricket show with Jason Roy on it - they were all calling him "JRoy" which really made me cringe.

Vaughan is an insufferable prick. Opinionated as fuck but then changes his opinion every other day to the complete opposite.

They always say never meet your heroes. But in cricketing terms, you should never let your heroes become pundits/commentators. The amount of complete twats from the 2000s era England team is ridiculous.

Vaughan is an insufferable prick. Opinionated as fuck but then changes his opinion every other day to the complete opposite.

They always say never meet your heroes. But in cricketing terms, you should never let your heroes become pundits/commentators. The amount of complete twats from the 2000s era England team is ridiculous.

Other than Vaughan, I can only think of Flintoff but he's a big enough twat to cover the entire 2000 era.

Back