MI5 boss: UK terror threat evolving at scale never seen before

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Tour

Midfield
The UK is facing a "multidimensional threat" that is rapidly evolving "at a scale and pace we've not seen before", the director general of MI5 has warned.

Andrew Parker said the security service is operating at an unprecedented level and has seen "a dramatic upshift in threats this year".

"It's at the highest tempo I've seen in my 34-year career," he said. "Today there is more terrorist activity, coming at us more quickly, and it can be harder to detect.

"We're now running well over 500 live operations involving around 3,000 individuals known to be currently involved in extremist activity in some way.

http://news.sky.com/story/uk-terror...dented-level-mi5s-andrew-parker-says-11085432

Apparently a large percentage of the people being watched are right wing extremists iirc.

Are you referring to muslim converts like this lass killed by a drone?
No mate, the 35% of all those charged for terrorism in 16/17 were right wing terrorists, which I believe was a 30% increase on the previous year- so if 17/18 shows a similar increase I assume the figure will be 45-50% of terror threats will come from white right wing terrorists

No mate, the 35% of all those charged for terrorism in 16/17 were right wing terrorists, which I believe was a 30% increase on the previous year- so if 17/18 shows a similar increase I assume the figure will be 45-50% of terror threats will come from white right wing terrorists
Have you got a link to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back