Mexico Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think theres a bad hotel down that coast line.
Last time we were there we stayed further down the coast at Akumal. I was snorkeling with turtles most days straight off the beach. It's a bit out of the way though.
For your first time there I'd stay closer to Playa del Carmen.

I've stayed in the Tequila. It's ok but it's over run by those annoying animals, weasel like things.

I'm staying in the Yucatan this year, stayed there twice before. Really nice. I've no doubt there are a lot better but was a good price. Can go in the bars and that in the tequila if needed.

I've stayed in Bahia in Dom Rep. very nice hotels.

This! The animals are the only thing that spoil the tequila. It is a bit dated compared to the Yucatan which had just been recently renovated. There was talk of the Tequila getting renovated as well but not sure if that has happened yet.

It was a brilliant holiday though and you have use of the facilities in the Tequila and Yucatan. Tequila has a few restaurants and a sports bar where I watched our game vs Arsenal and Chelsea under Advocaat. They have entertainment on for kids every night till around 8ish then do a show for the rest of the night. We used the Yucatan when we used to go to the beach. You could go in for drinks and food whenever you wanted.

Also I went in may and we had about 2 days rain at the end of the holiday. The other 12 days it was glorious sunshine. Don't use the reps to book trips, get an idea of what trips you want to do and what the prices are. Then go outside to the people on the stalls and talk the price down until your happy. I never got the bus from the airport either as it goes round the world before they get there. Booked a taxis with a company called Canadian Taxis before I left the uk and showed my voucher on arrival. Taxis arrived within a couple of mins and also had a choice of beers and soft drinks as I requested them when I booked.

Brilliant holiday and I will definitely be returning but not sure on what hotel or area.

Can anyone recommend me a good hotel in Mexico. I have been looking at the Bahia principe coba/tulum in riviera maya and the rui tequila and palace in playa del carmen.

anyone stayed in any of these and recommend them?
I am Looking to go June/July time.
My mam and dad stayed in Hotel Riu Lupita in Playa del Carmen and had a great time there. Might be worth a look.

Is it free alcohol on the thomson dreamliner like it is on virgin?
Yes mate I was impressed with the dreamliner. A lot of room and it was the same sort of crack as emirates regarding drinks. Lasses did a few trips round and I always got more than one drink and you could go up and get one any time.

Hello friends.

Sorry for bumping old thread but i am looking for same information as the OP. Hopefully get a few up to date opinions. I am going next may and the hotels we are in favour of are the TUI SENSIMAR El Dorado Seaside Suites and the Royalton Riviera Cancun both are in the RIVIERA MAYA.
We stayed at the Royalton Riviera last year and it was fantastic mate, we were in the adults only bit, loads of restaurants and bars, beach isn't the best but there's plenty of pools. Food was top notch and loads of different options.

We stayed at the Royalton Riviera last year and it was fantastic mate, we were in the adults only bit, loads of restaurants and bars, beach isn't the best but there's plenty of pools. Food was top notch and loads of different options.

Cheers spot on. This is winning.

Thomson Sensatori was spot on when we went in 2014. 24H room service was ideal for midnight munchies.

This! The animals are the only thing that spoil the tequila. It is a bit dated compared to the Yucatan which had just been recently renovated. There was talk of the Tequila getting renovated as well but not sure if that has happened yet.

It was a brilliant holiday though and you have use of the facilities in the Tequila and Yucatan. Tequila has a few restaurants and a sports bar where I watched our game vs Arsenal and Chelsea under Advocaat. They have entertainment on for kids every night till around 8ish then do a show for the rest of the night. We used the Yucatan when we used to go to the beach. You could go in for drinks and food whenever you wanted.

Also I went in may and we had about 2 days rain at the end of the holiday. The other 12 days it was glorious sunshine. Don't use the reps to book trips, get an idea of what trips you want to do and what the prices are. Then go outside to the people on the stalls and talk the price down until your happy. I never got the bus from the airport either as it goes round the world before they get there. Booked a taxis with a company called Canadian Taxis before I left the uk and showed my voucher on arrival. Taxis arrived within a couple of mins and also had a choice of beers and soft drinks as I requested them when I booked.

Brilliant holiday and I will definitely be returning but not sure on what hotel or area.

That's a good idea about the taxi, how much was it?

Those animals made me feel sick, jumping up at people with ice creams and that, going through people's bags. They just reek of dirt. All it takes is one scratch or bite and you're infected.

The sports bar in the tequila was class, air con for watching the match, bout it for the tequila though. I liked the yucatan a lot more.

My mam and dad stayed in Hotel Riu Lupita in Playa del Carmen and had a great time there. Might be worth a look.

Stayed in there last time we went. Was canny but wouldn't rush back. To far back from anything. Went in September so wasn't really busy and the "nightclub" was empty pretty much every night. Taxi into playa each time we wanted a bit of better entertainment.

Cheers spot on. This is winning.

The princess yucatan suites also have whirlpool rooms. Deluxe and platinum.
This is what we have opted for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back