Mexico Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good idea about the taxi, how much was it?

Those animals made me feel sick, jumping up at people with ice creams and that, going through people's bags. They just reek of dirt. All it takes is one scratch or bite and you're infected.

The sports bar in the tequila was class, air con for watching the match, bout it for the tequila though. I liked the yucatan a lot more.

Cant remember exactly but think it may of been £60/£70 return for 4 of us in a private 8 seater bus with drinks. Beat all the buses to the hotel and checked in fast and also beat all the buses back to the airport and once again straight through check in. Despise the buses that go round the world especially after you have sat on a plane for the previous 9 hours.

Yeah we had a few things stole out of the little ones push chair. Idiots feeding them didn't help at all either as it encouraged them even more. Yes the sports bar and pool bar were my favourite parts of the tequila. Will try somewhere else next time we go.

Azul Fives/The Fives amazing hotel. I went last year. it's not huge so still feels quite intimate. It's gourmet all inclusive- Thai, Italian, Japanese, French, Tapa's- you could visit as many times as you wanted. 24 hr room service and all premium
drinks. There's a Gin bar and a 1910 bar which serves tequila/whisky. The grounds are amazing and there's a plaza with live music most nights. It's very relaxed and laid back. Would definitely recommend.

Azul Fives/The Fives amazing hotel. I went last year. it's not huge so still feels quite intimate. It's gourmet all inclusive- Thai, Italian, Japanese, French, Tapa's- you could visit as many times as you wanted. 24 hr room service and all premium
drinks. There's a Gin bar and a 1910 bar which serves tequila/whisky. The grounds are amazing and there's a plaza with live music most nights. It's very relaxed and laid back. Would definitely recommend.

Saw that one. Can get a good price on a late deal but as i am booking year early it is a little over my budget sadly.

the big resorts are much of a muchness..

there is good and there is better

some don't have great beachfronts.

the Barceló Palace where I stayed had the biggest pool I'd ever seen

Logon or register to see this image

Jesus that is huge.

What ones have shite beaches mate do you know? Alternatively any which have decent beaches?

Jesus that is huge.

What ones have shite beaches mate do you know? Alternatively any which have decent beaches?

just look on tripadvisor. couple of storms can soon wash them away. the beach our hotel on was sandy but quite hard in places but they were shipping trucks of new sand in while I was there. just 2-300 metres along soft as anything and part of same resor just a different hotel in the complex. could use theior bar, pool, food places so not an issue anyway.

some just have more rocks. even the bad ones are not terrible.

Yeah in June. Been before and I liked it. Dunno if you've been to the tequila before but, as I said in a prev post, those little animals things that run about put me off it.

I'd love to stay at hard rock mind.

Went and drank over there, thought it was a dive but used it for the sports bar.

The Yucutan had just been done out when we went two years ago and it was great. The food was exceptional.

Went and drank over there, thought it was a dive but used it for the sports bar.

The Yucutan had just been done out when we went two years ago and it was great. The food was exceptional.

I didn't find it to be a dive when I was there 2 year ago. It had aged and needed renovating like the other hotels around it. A lot of people when I was there were saying they didn't want it renovating like the Yucatan as it would lose its Mexican feel.

Them animals were the only thing I could fault about the place. One day about 50 appeared and the males attacked one of the younger ones which caused the females to fight back according to the hotel staff. Full on riot with them in the hotel grounds which wasn't very good with a lot of children been around. They generally ignored humans but would steal things like food, drinks or whatever was left lying around the pool, vile things what ever they are.

That's a good idea about the taxi, how much was it?

Those animals made me feel sick, jumping up at people with ice creams and that, going through people's bags. They just reek of dirt. All it takes is one scratch or bite and you're infected.

The sports bar in the tequila was class, air con for watching the match, bout it for the tequila though. I liked the yucatan a lot more.
Coati - they're there to eat the tarantulas apparently. :eek:

Here at the Yucatan now. Thought I'd catch up with the chase for a new manager.

Hotel is mint like if anyone is coming this year. Tequila still a bit dated for my liking.

Used Canada transfers to get to the hotel. Will never use Thomson transfers again after using them. Beers in the car, about 45mins quicker. Well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back