Mexico Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why go all the way to Mexico to do stuff like Xel-Ha? Go and see some ruins, swim/dive in the cenotes, check out the biosfera at Tulum. There's too much cool stuff in Mexico to sit in a boring resort.

I did dive in a ceynote, went to ruins too.

I can't do both?

When is the hottest and best time to visit, looking at January onwards.

Why go all the way to Mexico to do stuff like Xel-Ha? Go and see some ruins, swim/dive in the cenotes, check out the biosfera at Tulum. There's too much cool stuff in Mexico to sit in a boring resort.
4 hours is my limit to fly to a beach ,loads of top places well within that

The Rui palace is fantastic. Went there for our honeymoon and it's the best holiday we've been on. Food was amazing. Loads of restaurants and rooms were first class.

Coco bongo got right on my wick. Crammed in like sardines with pushy Yanks and hotter than the sun. On the plus side, some cracking lasses.

Aye, it was a bit packed. i still got totally hammered though. Tipped a waiter guy, and he kept them coming !

advantage of staying riu in playa car is that there are 3 together which you can wander back and from for food and drink
The Rui palace is fantastic. Went there for our honeymoon and it's the best holiday we've been on. Food was amazing. Loads of restaurants and rooms were first class.

Went to the Palace too - & yeh, you can go to all of the Riu hotels in the area.

The Palace was cracking

Hello friends.

Sorry for bumping old thread but i am looking for same information as the OP. Hopefully get a few up to date opinions. I am going next may and the hotels we are in favour of are the TUI SENSIMAR El Dorado Seaside Suites and the Royalton Riviera Cancun both are in the RIVIERA MAYA.

Can anyone recommend me a good hotel in Mexico. I have been looking at the Bahia principe coba/tulum in riviera maya and the rui tequila and palace in playa del carmen.

anyone stayed in any of these and recommend them?
I am Looking to go June/July time.
I've stayed in the Tequila. It's ok but it's over run by those annoying animals, weasel like things.

I'm staying in the Yucatan this year, stayed there twice before. Really nice. I've no doubt there are a lot better but was a good price. Can go in the bars and that in the tequila if needed.

I've stayed in Bahia in Dom Rep. very nice hotels.

Can anyone recommend me a good hotel in Mexico. I have been looking at the Bahia principe coba/tulum in riviera maya and the rui tequila and palace in playa del carmen.

Stayed there in October for my mate's wedding, resort was class, food was great. Paid for a family Wi Fi pass, was spot on all over.

We were at Tulum, spent time at Coba too. Coba is newer.

depends on budget but most of the big rsorts are good along that coast.

I stayed at the Barceló Palace which is part of 5 hotels together. you can use the whole resort. well you can if you are in the Palace. if you are int eh others you can use the 4 hotels and facilities

the Occidentals are owned by Barceló and good also

if you want to saty Tulum way the transfer isn't that long. under 2 hours. its a decent highway running down the coast

We're staying at the El Dorado Royale soon and nee body's mentioned it. Bet it turns out to be a tent in some cartel's back garden. :eek:

stayed at "platinum yucatan princess all suites and spas" booked when there was only computerized pictures for the plans of the hotel so took a bit of a risk but like I thought it was absolutely unreal!.....highly recommend it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back