Mental Health - positive things to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't really do television, only selective streaming of crime drama series and movies like 'Ozark' and 'Bosch'

I have been wading through the vinyl and cd collection though, finding stuff I couldn't remember buying, and the temptation to offload some :).

Also have my full drum room with an electric kit I can bash at any hour without disturbing anyone.

Ordered a couple of books.

Tried to go for a quick cycle ride the other day but turned back when I saw the amount of people on the path, which is usually deserted.

Haven't really been outdoors much except occasional shopping for my 93 year old father, I have been tempted to charge up the remote controlled car which I usually take to a remote area, but I would likely be stopped, other than that, it can be hard but needs must, stay safe people.

Apologies if already posted but have just found out out you can do virtual tours of The National History Museum and The Louvre - will be connecting my phone to the big telly today to try these.
Thanks for posting this, I'm gonna have a wander around the history museum later on today. đź‘Ť
Apologies if already posted but have just found out out you can do virtual tours of The National History Museum and The Louvre - will be connecting my phone to the big telly today to try these.
While I was looking for a link, I came across this page, which is a list of some virtual museum tours including the British Museum, The Vatican and NASA. Had a quick look at the Vatican one and it's not bad.
Thanks for posting this, I'm gonna have a wander around the history museum later on today. đź‘Ť

While I was looking for a link, I came across this page, which is a list of some virtual museum tours including the British Museum, The Vatican and NASA. Had a quick look at the Vatican one and it's not bad.
Oops forgot link

Here

Last edited:
Apologies if posted by seen this link to the BFI webpage, free 14 day trial to watch movies then ÂŁ4.99 per month, might be some more obscure stuff that some might enjoy

Just had a blissful few hours in the garden. Planting wildflower seeds. Mowing the lawn. Checking how all the veg seedlings in the growhouse are doing.

I don't really do television, only selective streaming of crime drama series and movies like 'Ozark' and 'Bosch'

I have been wading through the vinyl and cd collection though, finding stuff I couldn't remember buying, and the temptation to offload some :).

Also have my full drum room with an electric kit I can bash at any hour without disturbing anyone.

Ordered a couple of books.

Tried to go for a quick cycle ride the other day but turned back when I saw the amount of people on the path, which is usually deserted.

Haven't really been outdoors much except occasional shopping for my 93 year old father, I have been tempted to charge up the remote controlled car which I usually take to a remote area, but I would likely be stopped, other than that, it can be hard but needs must, stay safe people.

I've just started learning mate....got a set of electronic drums 5 weeks back. Using some drumeo tutorials off YouTube.
Picked up a few basic beats and fills and practicing playing in time atm. Really enjoying it.

I've done so many house jobs since the lockdown to keep my mind away from anxiety that now when I sit still for 5 minutes I feel restless to be doing more jobs. It's all good though and it's definitely working.

Lockdown has also been absolutely brilliant for me as it's broken the cycle of anxiety at work

Also, I have a puppy arriving in next 10 days (fingers crossed) as well. Should have done that years ago.

I feel better at present than any time since it all went Pete Tong for me nearly 2 years ago.

Catching up on podcasts - 13 minutes to the moon, star talk, infinite monkey cage, cosmic queries etc.

Useful for realizing how clever we are when we put our minds to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've somewhat foolishly began to sort my Garage out, which is full of crap 100% due to me - what a task that's turned into - still, better than doing nowt
I've somewhat foolishly began to sort my Garage out, which is full of crap 100% due to me - what a task that's turned into - still, better than doing nowt

As a bonus, I now have a lot of very useful and valuable things to sell on ebay :)

As a bonus, I now have a lot of very useful and valuable things to sell on ebay :)

Last edited:
Searched but didn’t see anything relating to this, so SEB if already mentioned, but consider volunteering in your local community.

I’m working nearly every day at the moment in social care, but I am more than happy to help in my community and am shopping for an elderly neighbour (we have shared them out in our street).

Reading on here I notice that some people are posting from afar and mentioning their elderly parents back home here. I’m more than happy to do shopping for anyone to help them out and give some piece of mind.

I'm still working full-time, which I'm pleased about. In fact, I've worked the majority of today and should be off with it being a bank holiday, but needs must.

Although I miss training, I have managed to work out every day in the garage between an hour/ a hour and a half which I may not have done had I been in the office etc. I'm getting out every day with the Mrs for a walk as well, so easily doing 2 hours of exercise each day. We've had a few virtual quizzes and poker games with people we know which have been good fun and I've managed to find time to read up on/study things I've been meaning to, but admittedly put off (Amazon has been a saviour in this respect as they've continued to deliver books). I find I've made up a lot of time not having to travel to and from work. I don't think I'm as tired neither as I'm not travelling to meetings regularly as I would be normally. We've resorted to videoconferencing for the majority of meetings and had no problems whatsoever, of course it's not the same as seeing people face to face, but as I said before, it saves so much time and certainly something I hope people will embrace post lock-down.

If I'm honest, I haven't really missed the football, probably because things were turning a bit sour before the season was put on hold and I'm not interested in anyone else but Sunderland. I haven't paid much attention for the news for around 10 days now, I think the majority of us get the gist, although I've never been too keen on the news, it's always ultra-negative.

Last edited:
I didn't know which thread to put this on so I will add it to both mental health threads on the coronavirus sub-forum.

I am a qualified counsellor and a Psychological Well-being Practitioner in the NHS. I messaged @Roger the other day about an idea to further support those on this forum. This community has been a major source of entertainment/support for me over the years, so, I'm more than happy to give something back.

Roger and I have discussed a couple of ideas regarding mental health support. They are as follows:

Group Zoom - a group of eight where we can share any tools that help with mental health or just a place to vent. At the NHS, we have been provided with some materials/support that I would happily share.

Chat room - Roger has said that it is possible to add a chat room to this site and thus, we could use it for mental health support.

If people think that one of these ideas would be of benefit then we can get it started. Or, if the current threads and board in general provide enough support, then that's fine too. If one of the ideas was launched, I thought we could do it at 3 PM on a Saturday afternoon. As that is the time that brings us all together ordinarily.

Also, if there are any frontline NHS workers on here, I provide free online group therapy at Friday, 5 PM (groups of 4).

Thanks for reading.

Me and a few of my mates were playing this game called Psych! on our phones yesterday. Ended up being a good laugh, would recommend it. Basically there's like different games, but generally you get questions and you all have to give a wrong answer that you think other people would believe and the aim is to trick as many people as possible. There's also a game that asks funny questions about each player and the aim is to give the funniest response etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back