Mental Health - positive things to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is a fantastic tip I have picked up and is very effective if you overthink.

close your eyes and ask your self "What will my next thought be", then stay focused on your mind and wait.... :)

it sounds crazy but it works and can be practiced like any other skill!

Last edited:
I’ve found that my step count is up from Avg 6-7 to 10-12k because I’m working from home I’m not stuck to an office chair and can still move around and take little breaks too....it’s great for the brain, stress levels
Exercise in gene real is a great stress buster...push ups, sit ups, squats...anything you can do really...

Take time If you can to listen....listen to the birds, it’s not very often the traffic goes down and you can actually hear the natural world around, with that said set up a bird feeder and watch nature too...it’s been great...

Obviously read....take in information, learn....or go on a fantasy somewhere... it reading is great for the brain...

If there’s people you haven’t spoken to in ages, now is the time....text, phone...whatever, get in touch and see how they are...now is a great time to reconnect...

I baked the other day . Made bread and finally got round to making pink slice . Love baking anyway but it is lovely just pottering on in the kitchen focusing on the recipes.

I baked the other day . Made bread and finally got round to making pink slice . Love baking anyway but it is lovely just pottering on in the kitchen focusing on the recipes.
I made English Breakfast Muffins today. Was a right fuck on, but they turned out decent. Cost about 25p to make about 8 of them. I will try them again, with a slightly modified recipe

Me and a mate had a shave off last night via skype - I went from tom hanks in castaway to looking like a prisoner of a Russian gulag in 13 mins - I didn't win

Shot everything out of your shed and put an inflatable hot tub in it.

Put your best skinhead clobber on and sit in the garden on your tod drinking snakebites.
Tyskie and Magners
You might be depressed but youll soon forget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back