Mental Health - positive things to do

Yes, I was looking at that last night, DC have some of their titles with 88% off, like The Dark Knight Returns trilogy...
got a bit carried away ended up with £70 of stuff in my basket.... nope not good, cancelled everything before clicking off :oops:

Decent enough range of free marvel comics to download here:-

for the kids (honest ;))

Must..... resist

Logon or register to see this image

Cleared a patch of brambles yesterday. Tackling the jungle that is hidden at the back of the garden today. There is a real sense of achievement when you can see a difference. Concentrating on things outside while it’s sunny and dry but prepared for indoor projects when it rains. Housework in the morning. Hobbies in the afternoon. I usually watch countdown with a cup of tea - feel smug when I can beat the contestants which isn’t often - then off to my sewing machine or other craft projects. Luckily there’s a lot of stuff available online so I won’t run out of supplies. Need to finish my book group book forTuesday when we’re meeting online. I seem to be doing more and keeping more of a routine than I usually do even though I’m retired and at home on my own quite a lot anyway. Maybe I’ll finally manage to be organised for the first time in 70 years! Usually a keen news watcher but it doesn’t change much at the moment so watching less of it. Has anyone else noticed how incredibly quiet it is? It’s not that noisy generally where I live but now it really is very quiet, as if someone has switched off the soundtrack in the background.
We are having our next book club online, how did you do yours?

We are having our next book club online, how did you do yours?
We used Zoom. There are only six of us and we mostly know each other pretty well after twenty years so it worked well. There were a few problems when everyone talked at once but it went surprisingly smoothly and we had a good discussion. We were a bit concerned as one member left the group (moved to Cornwall) and we had just asked someone new to join us and thought the virtual scenario might be difficult for a first meeting since four of us had never met her but it all went very well and she found it easy to join in the discussion and be heard. It helped that the book we were reading was quite a good one (Where the Crawdads Sing) and provided some decent material to talk about. We’ve read some books that haven’t offered much over the years and some truly awful ones too! We seem to have our best meetings when we either all hated the book or opinions are sharply divided. If we all loved it it’s often hard to talk about it at any length - luckily that rarely happens as our tastes differ somewhat. We plan to do our next meeting the same way so it must have been okay. Good luck with yours - how many are in your group?

We used Zoom. There are only six of us and we mostly know each other pretty well after twenty years so it worked well. There were a few problems when everyone talked at once but it went surprisingly smoothly and we had a good discussion. We were a bit concerned as one member left the group (moved to Cornwall) and we had just asked someone new to join us and thought the virtual scenario might be difficult for a first meeting since four of us had never met her but it all went very well and she found it easy to join in the discussion and be heard. It helped that the book we were reading was quite a good one (Where the Crawdads Sing) and provided some decent material to talk about. We’ve read some books that haven’t offered much over the years and some truly awful ones too! We seem to have our best meetings when we either all hated the book or opinions are sharply divided. If we all loved it it’s often hard to talk about it at any length - luckily that rarely happens as our tastes differ somewhat. We plan to do our next meeting the same way so it must have been okay. Good luck with yours - how many are in your group?
Eight, but not everyone attends every time. Our current book is Normal People by Sally Rooney, that was my choice, but it was a toss up between that and Where the Crawdads Sing! Green above is the same for us.
Most memorable books have been A Simple Life, Sugar in the Blood and The Three Daughters.
Maybe we will try Zoom, thank you.

Watching Only Fools and Horses on Gold at the moment.

Stage Fright..... “Cwying...” 🤣
Watching Only Fools and Horses on Gold at the moment.

Stage Fright..... “Cwying...” 🤣

just discovered this trivia about the episode on IMDb

Despite Del's apparent success at the end of the episode, Tony Angelino is never mentioned again in the series and no details on any events which follow the episode in relation to Eugene McCarthy's desire to secure Raquel on contract ever surface. The 2015 Del Boy autobiography "He Who Dares" would reveal that Tony continued to sing at the Down by the Riverside Club until he was forced into retirement by a serious case of fake suntan poisoning. Now, Tony lives in a maisonette in Gandhi Avenue between the Nigerian greengrocers and the Kosovan kebab house. Meanwhile, A police report said that Eugene committed suicide by shooting himself twice in the head and three times in the back.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh Wow !! :eek: :eek:
That's really fantastic. - I love the vibrant colours.
You really have a talent Mrs Loppy 👍 👏👏👏👏
You should be really proud of your work 😍 Xx
Thank you, I even included an interpretation of the molecular make up of covid 19 on one of the red segments, there's also a cat, a dude in a mask, a house, some lips, an eye, a tache - all kinds lol :lol: 😍😘, I enjoy bright colours, I don't do wishy washy xxx

Thank you, I even included an interpretation of the molecular make up of covid 19 on one of the red segments, there's also a cat, a dude in a mask, a house, some lips, an eye, a tache - all kinds lol :lol: 😍😘, I enjoy bright colours, I don't do wishy washy xxx
You're very welcome my friend. 👍
When you said you were working on a masterpiece, I honestly never expected it to be SO good. 👏👏👏
Fantastic abstract art.
The colours are so vivid it reminds me of the one and only time I took acid, and the patterns on the wallpaper seemed to be jumping out in 3D and the colours were so bright and vivid 😄
You could make a living from your work 👍 xx
👍👍👍👍😊

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob thinks it's mint that I'm in the house 24/7 now and he just keeps sitting looking at me like this

Our cat's the same. He's had a bit of separation anxiety since his sister died last summer, and he's like a pig in shit now he's got his whole tribe with him all the time.
My isolation pop / abstract art masterpiece...............

There's a few things in it I hope you can spot, proud of myself, it took bloody ages 😍
Brilliant, love it. You're a very talented lady x

Last edited by a moderator:

Back