Mental Health - positive things to do

Senior directors at work have been posting YouTube videos to try and keep staff going during home-working/essential-front line work, which has been a good thing. I’ve been editing the files to include subtitles, I’ve found useful to keep my mind occupied with something different.

Also having the radio on in background has helped with the isolation a bit.

Watch something you like and is funny. I’m rewatching Auf Wiedersehen Pet, it’s going down a treat
I’m actually busy at work (from home). I fancy learning a language though, I started German before this virus crap, I need to keep going learning it.

Last edited:
Watch something you like and is funny. I’m rewatching Auf Wiedersehen Pet, it’s going down a treat
I’m actually busy at work (from home). I fancy learning a language though, I started German before this virus crap, I need to keep going learning it.

I've watched the entire Phoenix Night series which followed in nicely to Max and Paddy and then i started Auf Wiedersehen Pet yesterday but got side tracked before it finished. I'd never actually seen Phoenix nights but had seen Max and Paddy so a lot of Max and Paddy made more sense the second time around. :lol:

enjoyed it.

Just listen to Oz in Düsseldorf, that’ll teach you all you need to talk to the Erics

I've watched the entire Phoenix Night series which followed in nicely to Max and Paddy and then i started Auf Wiedersehen Pet yesterday but got side tracked before it finished. I'd never actually seen Phoenix nights but had seen Max and Paddy so a lot of Max and Paddy made more sense the second time around. :lol:

enjoyed it.
Phoenix Nights is quality like. “There is a drunken horse in the Pennine Suite.”

“It’s a 6 foot cock and balls man, it doesn’t look like anything else.”
Just listen to Oz in Düsseldorf, that’ll teach you all you need to talk to the Erics
He does try and speak a bit of German once he’s got with that German lass. After he mocks Neville and Dennis for trying to learn earlier in that episode

enjoyed it.
Phoenix Nights is a great shout, will have to dig the DVDs out, used to love that! Watching something funny is great idea.... I got a bit teary on Saturday night but then Ant and Dec's Takeaway came on (not something we would ever really watch) but it was some "best bits" clips, eee my god, couldn't breathe watching the Richard Madeley one!

Laughing .... highly recommended to keep the blues at bay during these testing times.

Phoenix Nights is a great shout, will have to dig the DVDs out, used to love that! Watching something funny is great idea.... I got a bit teary on Saturday night but then Ant and Dec's Takeaway came on (not something we would ever really watch) but it was some "best bits" clips, eee my god, couldn't breathe watching the Richard Madeley one!

Laughing .... highly recommended to keep the blues at bay during these testing times.
“I’m getting the word...nonce” is undoubtedly one of the best lines in comedy history.

Richard Madeley's been having a mid life crisis for about 25 years now.

I have a blank, decent sized canvass and am needing some inspiration (since I've finished baby Yoda and the Mandlorian) - any ideas ?

NO MORE STAR WARS XX

I downloaded Scrabble Go on my android phone off the play store last night.

Its bloody great to play, very easy to do and you can play against friends or random people.

I had an epic battle against some American lass, 1 game each going into the decider which I was playing at 2am last night before I got too tired and turned it off.

I think it was an American lass, it might well have a been a computer generated player just to leep people like me happy. Anyway real or not I still got a little buzz when she/it got gyration into the game 🙂

Give it a go, it's really addictive.

I'm painting, reading and doing housework. I'm going to hopefully have the bairns baby Yoda / mandalorian pic finished soon for him 😎.
I'm currently signed off with anxiety and depression, back on meds and feeling pretty scared. I will be trying to perhaps do some self help exercises too, maybe even look at learning something new.

Painting sounds good. I've signed up for a couple of on-line courses; a Modern Art one with MOMA New York, and one in music theory with the OU

Did I mention I'm a bit pretentious?
Writing, wether it be a blog or crap poetry I find it a massive release.

Agree. Catching up on loads of blogging. If it goes on much longer I might try a longer peice.

Back