McInnes wants the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting read, but full of negativity...

More or less saying that Sunderland are so far up s*** creek that it's going to take years to fix it.

Is this another example of the Moyes effect...?
"I'm just a trying to be objective. Not my problem if you don't like it"

Fuck off man:lol:

TBH, we've tried relatively well known managers which hasn't worked so we may as well give someone like this a go. Hopefully he's on the up
Probably wouldn't be top of my list but at least he seems to be in footballing ascendancy, and the ability to work on a shoestring, has some tactical nous and flexibility to how his team plays - all positives.

and so he should marra, important cup final and that. This leads me to believe he will be appointed next week sometime, since it's all gone quiet and he wont do anything until after this weekend
Totally agree. I be disappointed in him if he did answer the questions and more so in Sunderland if the pursued him this week, interfering with another clubs cup final preparations.

Recent reports have suggested that Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is a leading candidate to take over as manager of Sunderland AFC - prompting many fans to raise an eyebrow, or two, in apprehension. Who is he, and what could he bring to the club? In the aftermath of an abysmal season our club must now appoint a manager capable of restoring pride and...

More at Roker Report...
Nah, he looks like David Blunkett!

If he was to leave Aberdeen I would much prefer he took over from Strachan, enjoy satda. Stand free
Is that because you'd prefer Scotland to improve at the expense of SAFC doing well?
Or is it because you don't rate him really and would prefer him to take the national job rather than come here.
I'm just curious.

So to summarise - you are irked by the idea of signing a British manager, so are desperate for us to go out and get Garry Monk.

We've got the nucleus of a decent Championship squad already. We will be offloading Kone, Lens, Khazri and probably Pickford as well as Borini. Defies wages are soon to be offf the wage bill, as well as those of seven other (relatively) highly paid players. Add all of that to the parachute payments and there's no reason why we can't compete in the transfer market. There's no solid indication that we will be working on a tiny budget.
:lol: 13 players, most of which are our best players, what we'll be left with, will be utter crap and young lads, two of which are just coming back from serious injury, so no one knows what sort shape or form they'll be in, how many weeks do we have to recruit a squad of players?, baring in mind we still don't have a manager, I wouldn't call that a nucleus of a decent championship squad, I'd call it a disaster.

In 63 games for Bristol City he won 17, drew 14 and lost 42. That is a win % of just under 27%.

I absolutely dread this man.

The more I look at this man's managerial stats for Bristol City the more I want Stefan Schwartz.
It would be dreadful if he were to re-assemble the squad he had at Bristol, who were clearly not good enough to compete in the league they were in. Is that the likely scenario ? If not, then the statistics are irrelevant.

If statistics are such an invaluable guide, might I suggest a former Everton and Man Utd manager whose stats in the Premier League seemed excellent at the time of his most recent appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back