McInnes wants the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be dreadful if he were to re-assemble the squad he had at Bristol, who were clearly not good enough to compete in the league they were in. Is that the likely scenario ? If not, then the statistics are irrelevant.

If statistics are such an invaluable guide, might I suggest a former Everton and Man Utd manager whose stats in the Premier League seemed excellent at the time of his most recent appointment.

I see what you are saying here but a good gaffer - say Dyche at Burnley - has done wonders with a squad not equipped for the league they are in. McInnes is not the man for us

Can't understand the number of people who are against this. He's led Aberdeen to three consecutive second place finishes in the SPL, has taken them into Europe, won them a cup, will lead them out in another cup final on Saturday.

Yes, this has to be looked at in context - as it's in Scotland - but we have to be realistic about the pool of managers we can attract. I wouldn't be against this appointment at all - he's got something to prove and would be coming in with his career on an upward trajectory, which makes a change for us.

Apart from celtic the rest are dog meat in that league pal

hmmm seems those Aberdeen lot aren't happy at all...........

Dom Sullivan
Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Mate of mine who is a huge Sunderland fan was telling me that in the last 10 years, Sunderland's net transfer outlay totalled £150million - and still they are shite and a club always struggling to avoid relegation.

It irks the mackems somewhat that their biggest rival (at "skunk park" as they call it) just up the road have spent a net outlay of £50 million.

Sunderland need root and branch surgery from top to bottom.

Is McInnes really wanting to go to a joke club where it will take years to just weed out the dross signings of previous managers with no guarantee of success?

McInnes may well move on, but I doubt very much he'd want to go to a shit club like Sunderland.
Edited by Dom Sullivan, 24 May 2017 - 02:37 PM.

Slightly more upbeat about the link after reading that.

If he does come in, at least it would make a change to have a manager who feels lucky to be at the club rather than thinking we're lucky to have him.

That could be because he's shit though.

I like the sound of him. I was favouring Monk but McInnes seems hungry and used to dealing with no resources. Let's face it: the mess we are in, we aren't going to get anyone well known. More to the point, we have had loads of well known managers and none have really worked except Sam. Could be time for someone looking to move to the next level rather than the likes of Moyes and Advocaat who always seemed to feel above the club.

From the little I know of him I'd be underwhelmed. I'd rather go for Schwartz, Jokanovic, Wagner or Stam. If McInnes gets the job I'll give him the usual 2 weeks before deciding he's shite ... :lol:

Attracting the interest of Sunderland has proved no distraction ahead of the Scottish Cup final, says Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes.

more...

Is that because you'd prefer Scotland to improve at the expense of SAFC doing well?
Or is it because you don't rate him really and would prefer him to take the national job rather than come here.
I'm just curious.

If he comes here he will have my 100% not sure of his capability to sort this amount of shit out, he gets players to over perform but they have the right attitude which is the polar opposite to our twats.

IMO he would be perfect for Scotland

Let's take Fenton from South Shields then - a winner in a stronger league.

You should email Ellis

You football guru you

It would be dreadful if he were to re-assemble the squad he had at Bristol, who were clearly not good enough to compete in the league they were in. Is that the likely scenario ? If not, then the statistics are irrelevant.

If statistics are such an invaluable guide, might I suggest a former Everton and Man Utd manager whose stats in the Premier League seemed excellent at the time of his most recent appointment.
Exactly. Plus it was a while back so was probably an eye opener for him and hopefully learnt a lot from it.

I see what you are saying here but a good gaffer - say Dyche at Burnley - has done wonders with a squad not equipped for the league they are in. McInnes is not the man for us
Would you have taken Dyche a couple of years ago when he was just building a team at Burnley?

Apart from celtic the rest are dog meat in that league pal
Isn't that the sign of a good manager, someone who can organise and get a team motivated to play above themselves? Clough started at Pools who were dog meat, got a tune out of them and grew from there.
We aren't going to get a really top manager so we need to find one who has the underlying talent and needs the opportunity to work at a higher level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back