McInnes wants the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaking news on the SAFC managerial hunt - the Echo has been told by sources close to Derek McInnes that he wants the Stadium of Light job.

The Aberdeen boss is currently preparing for the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic on Saturday, but has privately intimated he would like to move to Wearside this summer.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...k-mcinnes-and-paul-lambert-in-frame-1-8561899
He'll certainly be asked about it prior to/following the game then. Might watch it just for that :lol:

Can't understand the number of people who are against this. He's led Aberdeen to three consecutive second place finishes in the SPL, has taken them into Europe, won them a cup, will lead them out in another cup final on Saturday.

Yes, this has to be looked at in context - as it's in Scotland - but we have to be realistic about the pool of managers we can attract. I wouldn't be against this appointment at all - he's got something to prove and would be coming in with his career on an upward trajectory, which makes a change for us.

I'd be pleased to get him in. Seems to do have done a good job up north.

Just looking forward to getting rid of the spineless ***** that currently occupy places in the squad. I.e Kone and Borini

In 63 games for Bristol City he won 17, drew 14 and lost 42. That is a win % of just under 27%.

I absolutely dread this man.

The more I look at this man's managerial stats for Bristol City the more I want Stefan Schwartz.

What's that got to do with his prospective appointment at SAFC? A lot of water has passed under the bridge since - he's had a lot of success and will no doubt consider himself a better manager than he was back then.

In 63 games for Bristol City he won 17, drew 14 and lost 42. That is a win % of just under 27%.

I absolutely dread this man.

The more I look at this man's managerial stats for Bristol City the more I want Stefan Schwartz.

If we are going down the route of relatively cheap unknown Scottish manager, I would much prefer Alex Neil, at least he has a promotion and a fair to middling finish (before sacking) on his CV.

Can't understand the number of people who are against this. He's led Aberdeen to three consecutive second place finishes in the SPL, has taken them into Europe, won them a cup, will lead them out in another cup final on Saturday.

Yes, this has to be looked at in context - as it's in Scotland - but we have to be realistic about the pool of managers we can attract. I wouldn't be against this appointment at all - he's got something to prove and would be coming in with his career on an upward trajectory, which makes a change for us.
This, he has brought as much success as realistically possible to Aberdeen and he won't have had a huge budget to work with. I'd rather take him over someone with no experience at all. At the end of the day we still need to be mounting a serious promotion push.

This

You make far more sense on PF than the politics board ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back