McInnes wants the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A sort of pressing game. Puts teams under pressure. Gets crossed in from wide as early as possible. According to the Sunderland Echo. Which is why I am slowly warming to him. But that said he can do that because of the players he has worked with. He may not be able to do that successfully with this bunch or indeed players he will sign.

Also if Aberdeen do win the cup I think he may stay. It will only be in the event they lose could he resign.
I like the sound of that sick of watching us sit back and hoof the ball.

Bbbbutttt he's scotch!
Etc.
When he bought us Ellis loved the Irish and had a Eire passport

After Niall, Keano, MON and Mags Byrne he now prefers the company of haggis munchers

Ignoring Moyes, some of our best managers back in the day have been Scottish

Campbell, Mackie, Cochrane, Murray

The rest have been shite mind

What is he like as a manager?

He likes utilising wide players. He plays with lone striker when it's needed but can be very
attack minded - two 7 goal wins this season, a six goal win and a few 4 goal wins.
He has a couple of dodgy central defenders at the moment but they get bailed out by hard working midfielders.
He talks the talk and more often than not walks the walk. Reasonably confident that they can
win the cup tomorrow if those defenders play their top game.

Recent reports have suggested that Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is a leading candidate to take over as manager of Sunderland AFC - prompting many fans to raise an eyebrow, or two, in apprehension. Who is he, and what could he bring to the club? In the aftermath of an abysmal season our club must now appoint a manager capable of restoring pride and...

More at Roker Report...

Recent reports have suggested that Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is a leading candidate to take over as manager of Sunderland AFC - prompting many fans to raise an eyebrow, or two, in apprehension. Who is he, and what could he bring to the club? In the aftermath of an abysmal season our club must now appoint a manager capable of restoring pride and...

More at Roker Report...
Interesting read, but full of negativity...

More or less saying that Sunderland are so far up s*** creek that it's going to take years to fix it.

Is this another example of the Moyes effect...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back