McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Parkinson bring him back into the fold.

Theres no doubt hes a quality player and a match winner. Personally I would.
No way, he’s 34 and he’ll be on a fair few quid a week. A free transfer this summer suits everyone involved.

I also think the rumours of him being a trouble maker is a load of shit. If you watch him on STID he seems a team player. Giving the ball to Grigg to take the pen, taking injections to get through games whilst playing with an injury

Do I think he's a deliberate trouble-maker? No. But a senior player who's not 100% behind what the manager's trying to do, is trouble for the squad. And a team player? Not really. The Grigg penna was nice gesture, but how many times does McGeady try to do too much himself and waste possession.

If Parkinson stays, as all the indications are he will, then he'll probably go 3 at the back, wingbacks for width, and a target-man flanked by two fast(ish)supporting forwards. Our form under Parky was good at times. What held us back was PP's poor start - it took time to get the players fit enough and up to speed with the formation. And we had tailed off again before the games were abandoned. But there was a long good run when we looked really solid - best defensive form in the league, going games without conceding. Sure, we weren't good enough, but there was some stuff to build on.

Last edited:
Suspect that the stories of him being a bad influence in the dressing room have been massively exaggerated but he looked poor last season even while Ross was still here.

Should Parkinson bring him back into the fold.

Theres no doubt hes a quality player and a match winner. Personally I would.

He absolutely should. Whether he will is another matter. He's still a good player at this level and a match winner on his day.

Parkinson is trying to get Grigg going again by advising him to move to the area...means he's willing to give him a second chance here. So why not McGeady?

Arguably Maguire is as skilful but more productive than McGeady. A lot of Maguires play has end product whereas McGeady often runs down blind alleys.
Maguire? Skilful? Don’t think i’ve ever seen him beat a man. Certainly can’t remember it. Yeah Maguire has a decent strike on him but mcgeady was/ is class above him. Hence my maguire hasn’t played in premier league and champions league

Do I think he's a deliberate trouble-maker? No. But a senior player who's not 100% behind what the manager's trying to do, is trouble for the squad. And a team player? Not really. The Grigg penna was nice gesture, but how many times does McGeady try to do too much himself and waste possession.

If Parkinson stays, as all the indications are he will, then he'll probably go 3 at the back, wingbacks for width, and a target-man flanked by two fast(ish)supporting forwards. Our form under Parky was good at times. What held us back was PP's poor start - it took time to get the players fit enough and up to speed with the formation. And we had tailed off again before the games were abandoned. But there was a long good run when we looked really solid - best defensive form in the league, going games without conceding. Sure, we weren't good enough, but there was some stuff to build on.
Most people won't identify with your post but your spot on...if we had someone up front that could take their chances we would have been on a promotion spot when the season was curtailed.

Arguably Maguire is as skilful but more productive than McGeady. A lot of Maguires play has end product whereas McGeady often runs down blind alleys.

I can't quite get my head around people thinking Chris Maguire is better than Aiden McGeady mind, it seems to be a relatively popular opinion as well.

Miles apart from each other.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Maguire has nowhere near the talent McGeady has. Just look at the career McGeady has had compared to Maguire.

I don't get the fuss over Maguire. If he is performing at the top of his game and the team are playing well, fair enough he looks good. I was probably one of a few who would not have been arsed if Maguire had left this summer. As for the "King" stuff then it's embarrassing
If we bring Maddison in, who gives a fuck.

I'd be happy if our front 4 at the start of the season was Maddison, Embleton, McGeady and Grigg.

Doubt many will agree but if all are fit and raring to go then not many teams will be able match that at L1 level.

Last edited:
There are few managers in English football with a stronger understanding of human psychology than Parky.

If a man of such renowned emotional intelligence cannot get AM thriving then the fella is a lost cause

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't quite get my head around people thinking Chris Maguire is better than Aiden McGeady mind, it seems to be a relatively popular opinion as well.

Miles apart from each other.

Nowt between them in goals and assists.

Last edited:
I'd rather get rid of Parkinson and keep McGeady.

McGeady is apparently doing well for Charlton in the Championship and some don't want him playing for us in League 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back