McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
TV deal is next to nothing, no more parachute payments, matchday revenue is from 10k season tickets and might be zero for a while yet. How can we afford the wages of someone like McGeady anyway?

If we had him, Maguire, Gooch and Maddison competing for the 2 attacking midfield/wing slots, with support from Embleton then I think we'd be in decent shape for that position

He’s live on sky tonight. Be interesting to see if he’s any good

No doubt he’s our most talented individual player but you are right, seems to have a history of only fancying it when playing for a manager who basically lets him do what he wants. Grayson and ross both seem to have given him an easy ride and that’s what he seems to want.
If we can find someone willing to take over the last year of his contract then I think he'll go, probably on loan for next season. He won't play for us again with Parkinson in charge

He has another year to run on a big contract , no club will pay him what he's on at the moment. Covid reality check time , SAFC will have to loan him out again and still pay a big chunk of his wages or have him back or pay him off.

Unfortunately I no longer see a future for him as long as Parkinson remains here. It's probably best to try and move him on, get a decent fee and reinvest his wages. Shame it's to end they way it is really as he is a very talented footballer. We'll always have the Wembley goal.
Talented, but lazy. A luxury we can’t afford sadly

We won’t be able to move him on. He’s too old and with the current transfer environment, I don’t see anyone higher up taking a punt on him for the wages he most likely will command.

No doubt he’s our most talented individual player but you are right, seems to have a history of only fancying it when playing for a manager who basically lets him do what he wants. Grayson and ross both seem to have given him an easy ride and that’s what he seems to want.

He criticised Coleman for giving him a free role pretty much and telling him not to defend so I'm not sure that's entirely true.

Don't think he'll play for us again, but is his contract all that big? Took a pay cut in return for a year extension didn't he?

The negative mythology about McGeady grows with unfounded rumour mongering.

From being easily our best player, and someone actually worth bothering to turn up to watch, in the eyes of many he’s suddenly too old, too slow, too disruptive, too expensive.

He was an important part of our side until Parkinson arrived, probably encouraged by the owners to get rid of another high wage earner a la Cattermole, Oviedo, Matthews etc..

The previous season he played with a broken foot more than once when many would have refused to play and was a vital cog in the side.

He cannot all of a sudden be as worthless as many are trying to make out and his experience and ability should be utilised although I fear it won’t be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back