McGeady

Too selfish for a team player lost the ball many times last season and exposed the team to counter attack. Played very poorly before he was binned
Probably more bigheaded than selfish. The more I watched him, the more I think he had little or no confidence in ability of his teammates so tried to do too much himself ... followed by what you said

You have to look at these things like a seesaw.

There was a point when McGeady's influence was greater than what the team offered to him. Now it's swung the other way. If you want to get the best out of him now you're going to need 10 very good players around them that take away his defensive responsibility and basically allow him to run at a full-back. Even then I don't think he's posting the kind of numbers needed and by that point you've built a team that will need to replace that talisman.

Most technically gifted player we have by a mile. If we'd handled it differently he could have been a great asset to us.

In terms of him being a trouble maker - utter bollocks. We can't afford the wages and couldn't justify his position in the team. No idea why some Sunderland fans opinion of him dipped.

He's nowhere near the player he was a season and a half ago and is getting worse not better. Get rid on a free as long as we don't end up paying his wages
Why would the player not let his contract run down with Sunderland then move on a free and get higher wages.?.... No way whatsoever the player would tear up his contract.

Me personally I'd bring him back..a guaranteed improvement on this squad.. He's a professional player ... When he's on that pitch he wouldnt deliberately let his team mates down despite what he thinks of the manager.

If he refuses to play... We fine him and save on his wages simple

He criticised Coleman for giving him a free role pretty much and telling him not to defend so I'm not sure that's entirely true.
Fair enough, always got the impression he liked the matey relationship he seemed to have with Ross, could be wrong like.

He can move on form me. Old, on hefty wage and massively hit and miss even in league 1. Problem is having faith we can also replace him.

I get why some people think we should bring one or the other player or manager back to the club - but FFS man - stop looking backwards. I'm hoping for the best and looking forward to a completely new bunch of unknown players who play their hearts out for the lads keep clean sheets and score enough goals to get promoted.

Back