Mayweather Vs McGregor 26th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got me intrigued every thing says mayweather beats him for 12 rounds wins on points but what if McGregor does connect with that left then it gets interesting

McGregor isn't a silly bloke will have a game plan
So did
Hatton
Pacquiao
de la Hoya
Cotto
Maiadina
Canelo
Costillo
And they were actually boxers.

2 weight champion ffs, what more is there for him to prove
Defend them.

McGregor has nothing to lose really going to get a huge payday which means he probably never needs to have another fight.
If by some miracle he wins or even puts up a decent effort he becomes a megastar.
Winning 1 fight doesn't make you a megastar. Just ask Buster Douglas.

Last edited:

He's already said he wants to fight in UFC this year. He'd probably have already defended a belt if RDA hadn't dropped out of the first lightweight match, but instead he took Diaz on short notice (as ever) and the public demanded the rematch.

He's had a kid this year and plans on fighting twice in the next 6 months

Think you're being a bit harsh tbh

Hopefully you are right. I just fear that he has decided to go down the route of making as much cash as he can whilst he can.

So did
Hatton
Pacquiao
de la Hoya
Cotto
Maiadina
Canelo
Costillo
And they were actually boxers.

Defend them.

Winning 1 fight doesn't make you a megastar. Just ask Buster Douglas.
If he beats mayweather in a boxing match, the biggest grossing of all time potentially, he will be a megastar, deservedly so.

He was set for life anyway. But the money he is allegedly making from this makes his previous pay days pale into insignificance.

I just hope once he banks this that he decides to actually try and make some sort of sporting legacy instead of just being a media machine chasing more dollars.
What if he won? That's would probably be one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. I realise that's very unlikely!

Last edited:
What if he won? That's would probably be one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. I realise that's very unlikely!

Suppose at the end of the day he has a punchers chance, and Mayweather is a fair old age (another reason I think its a joke!)...... but he won't win

Excuse me for getting excited about the biggest fight ever. If McGregor lands a clean left hand it gets interesting, simple as.

There's a much, much bigger fight 3 weeks later. And this Saturday as well.

I wouldn't be totally against this if they marketed it as the exhibition it should be but this is quite possibly the biggest farce ever seen in a boxing ring, makes the upcoming Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn fight look incredible by comparison.

Last edited:
Why do you hope that?
Because McGregor's been pushing for this big payday for some time now irrespective of the fact he is not a professional boxer. He's a very good MMA fighter so why he feels the need to do this.... well we all know don't we. Greed over respect for the sport and profession. Like I said, it's a f***ing circus.

There's a much, much bigger fight 3 weeks later. And this Saturday as well.

I wouldn't be totally against this if they marketed it as the exhibition it should be but this is quite possibly the biggest farce ever seen in a boxing ring, makes the upcoming Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn fight look incredible by comparison.
This, absolutely disgusts me! 2 amazing fights not getting 1% coverage as this circus.

Because McGregor's been pushing for this big payday for some time now irrespective of the fact he is not a professional boxer. He's a very good MMA fighter so why he feels the need to do this.... well we all know don't we. Greed over respect for the sport and profession. Like I said, it's a f***ing circus.
I don't get why the dislike seems to be focussed on McGregor though. If you like him and dislike mayweather why would you want mayweather to knock him out?

A freak show indeed Conner has a punchers chance at best.
All the young uns saying mcgregor is going to beat him is amusing like

Bookies give him a shot, he is exceptional in his field so it is not out of the question.

Strikes me as boxing snobberry those who say he has no chance, the lad is an exceptional superstar in his field, he is going in handing all the advantages to Mayweather but I still wouldnt rule the fucker out.

Hays Travel doing 5 nights in Vegas at the Hard Rock flying from Ponteland on August 24th for £865

Looks like $2000 for a seat up in the gods though

Bookies give him a shot, he is exceptional in his field so it is not out of the question.

Strikes me as boxing snobberry those who say he has no chance, the lad is an exceptional superstar in his field, he is going in handing all the advantages to Mayweather but I still wouldnt rule the fucker out.
I'm not really into boxing that much i don't find it that riveting I only know the big names in boxing.iv been watching Mma for over 20 years and love watching it but this is a joke and all the people who buy the ppv are feeding this ridiculous avenue we now find ourselves heading down

Mayweather should win.

People are overlooking though that mcgregor gets hit often with no padded boxing gloves and has a great chin. He also takes part in 25 minute fights over just 5 rounds.

Mayweathers a defensive fighter not really known for devastating power. If Mayweather wins itll be him jabbing and dancing around it wont be anything like McGregor getting his head smashed off.

I don't get why the dislike seems to be focussed on McGregor though. If you like him and dislike mayweather why would you want mayweather to knock him out?
Because McGregor has been the driving force behind this. We all know what Mayweather's like when it comes to the money, I just thought McGregor wouldn't stoop to this level now that he'd made his name in the world stage. He has the opportunity to boss UFC for years but instead pursues an exhibition fight? Jesus. So for that reason I want to see it backfire.

Because McGregor has been the driving force behind this. We all know what Mayweather's like when it comes to the money, I just thought McGregor wouldn't stoop to this level now that he'd made his name in the world stage. He has the opportunity to boss UFC for years but instead pursues an exhibition fight? Jesus. So for that reason I want to see it backfire.
so basically because everyone knows what mayweather is like you hope he wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back