Mayweather Vs McGregor 26th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete joke of a fight and if the public had any sense they would avoid paying for it like its the plague.

McGregor is chasing the money. Well aware of his brand and its worth. Can't knock him for that.

But disappointed that he continues to run away from defending belts in the UFC and as a result his sporting integrity is diminishing for me.

Complete joke of a fight and if the public had any sense they would avoid paying for it like its the plague.

McGregor is chasing the money. Well aware of his brand and its worth. Can't knock him for that.

But disappointed that he continues to run away from defending belts in the UFC and as a result his sporting integrity is diminishing for me.
2 weight champion ffs, what more is there for him to prove

2 weight champion ffs, what more is there for him to prove

What is more for him to prove? The fact that when he is the Champion that is there to be shot at that he can defend the belts. Although Aldo's powers are clearly diminishing, after his achievements in MMA did he not deserve the chance of a rematch and should McGregor not prove that it wasn't just a one off? All these things are part of being a sporting great.

Watching the rise of McGregor was brilliant. His performances were outstanding and it was great watching him hype himself up and the fights up then back it up in the Octagon. But as I say, for me his UFC achievements are diminishing every time he refuses to defend a belt (probably because he knows once a fighter figures out how to beat him and he loses the belt then his money making abilities diminish).

Have to laugh at the 'if he lands that left' line. As if the 49 before him haven't already tried that. Mayweather will take his head off

That was my thought when reading this thread, mayweather has faced harder punchers and better boxers than connor will ever be

This.

McGregor will be set for life after this, whatever the result.

Expect the build up to be the worst trash talk ever.

He was set for life anyway. But the money he is allegedly making from this makes his previous pay days pale into insignificance.

I just hope once he banks this that he decides to actually try and make some sort of sporting legacy instead of just being a media machine chasing more dollars.

I just can't see how this will benefit Boxing in anyway.

Mayweather wins - so what? An undefeated boxer beating someone who's never competitively played the sport.

McGregor wins - what does it say about the sport when someone who has never played the sport before can turn up and beat one of the greatest boxers of all time?

I just can't see how this will benefit Boxing in anyway.

Mayweather wins - so what? An undefeated boxer beating someone who's never competitively played the sport.

McGregor wins - what does it say about the sport when someone who has never played the sport before can turn up and beat one of the greatest boxers of all time?

the only thing this farce benefits is the bank accounts of Mayweather and McGregor

don't blame them doing it like. it'll absolutely smash PPV records as they'll promote it in a way that'll have people believing McGregor has a chance

McGregor has nothing to lose really going to get a huge payday which means he probably never needs to have another fight.
If by some miracle he wins or even puts up a decent effort he becomes a megastar.

He was set for life anyway. But the money he is allegedly making from this makes his previous pay days pale into insignificance.

I just hope once he banks this that he decides to actually try and make some sort of sporting legacy instead of just being a media machine chasing more dollars.
He's already said he wants to fight in UFC this year. He'd probably have already defended a belt if RDA hadn't dropped out of the first lightweight match, but instead he took Diaz on short notice (as ever) and the public demanded the rematch.

He's had a kid this year and plans on fighting twice in the next 6 months

Think you're being a bit harsh tbh

A win/win for McGregor and easy money for Floyd. Both will make a shit load and raise their profiles.

We can call it for what it is, but let's be honest we'll all want to watch it for various reasons: Mayweather schooling him, McGregor 'might' drop him (Doubtful) etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back