May 29th live footy on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
PPE (level 3) has long been compulsory fer any journey through the lair of the Morlock, me owld marrantino. The concentration of airborne emetic particles has exceeded supersaturation, leading to precipitation: it's literally raining vomit induction. Take very good care, and (to rouse the spirits): Dilly, Dilly!

Cheers, me owld marrammasala....

I might see what happens next week. It's a bit of a tricky position & not owa comfy, sat astride the horns of a particularly untamed dilemma....
True on both counts.

Wouldn't that be something, Your Grace?

What's your view on season card renewal (whether or not you have one to renew)?
Would be amazing, sounds like he has a fighters chance.

I haven’t had one since RP, would just use my mams when north or for getting away tickets, they stopped under Bruce, as were spending 6 months abroad each year, I wasn’t that bothered at the time as had young kids so wasn’t often available for selection, and then it would just be London midweek or Sundays aways when I could get a ticket. Only really started back regularly the last 3 years as youngest is now old enough for proper away trips and did more home games as excuse to see my dad when he wasn’t well or tie in with a trip to the oncologists as they were always on Mondays, and obviously since he passed it ties in with checking on mam.

That’s a very long way round of saying I haven’t given it much thought. FWIW I think if I had one I would probably renew, in fact thinking about it now it’s probably time I got one. The thought of the club going into administration is just unbearable, won’t tell the Mrs mind.

Last edited:
Hope it does the trick fer ye, MK, marra.

Afternoon, compadres. Ruddy hot. Owa hot fer yours truly. Just hed a power cut anarl. Which was nice.

Do we have a consensus among season ticket/card howldas regarding renewal? Would an official Pure Football poll be useful? My gut reaction was to renew, by default, sticking with the direct debit scheme. But I'm nowt if not a contrary bugger & the mare I'm wyin up the pros & cons, the mare I'm beginning ter tark mesel out of it, ha, ha. The competing arguments (fer me, others will doubtless have other considerations and concerns) boil down ter: (1) Ah dinnat like gerrin ripped off & that's possibly how I might feel (although I can't be certain) if I shelled out fer summink Ah didn't get, versus (2) if nee bugger renews, in a worst case scenario the club might gan bust or, even if it didn't quite get that bad and some renewed but far fewer than usual, there'd likely be further redundancies at the club, which I wouldn't want either. Anar there's a thread on this topic, but I was wondering what the good people of this thread think?

Changing subject, I've had a message from my NHL marra saying he's hopeful they're ganna release him from "prison" the day. That would be fantastic fer him (and his wife & family), if it happens.

And no post of mine would be complete without a dig at the government, who (to borrow, then manipulate a phrase from Andrew Lang, Scottish poet, novelist & literary critic) use science as a drunk uses a lamppost - for support rather than illumination....

Enjoy yasels. Stay firm & fruity.
Aft'noon Cloughster 🖐

I've been weighing up whether to buy a season card.
An old mate, & former neighbour of mine, and a lifelong MLF had a SC amongst my mates in the North Stand, but died recently at the age of 90.
I was thinking of possibly dropping the club an e-mail (as the ticket office isn't open, due to the Covid pandemic) and asking if I can take his seat, but atm I daren't commit to a direct debit, until I know if I'll still be in work, after my probationary period is up, at the end of June.
I had a season ticket for years, at Roker, which then carried on from the opening of the SOL, up until 2008/9 season, when I had to stop going to matches, because of illness.
I've been using mates SC cards for most of the past season, but they won't take anything in return, and I felt like a sponger, so a SC of my own would be great.
I'm unsure of the deadline to buy a SC, and am worried if I leave it until the beginning of July, (when I'll hopefully have an idea about being kept on in my job) then my old mates seat, will have been bought by somebody else.
I'll keep my fingers crossed, everything turns out ok. 🤞

Fantastic news, regarding your NHL mate, and at last, there seems to be real light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel.
Good for him, his wife, and his friends and family 👍 👏👏👏

I have zero time nor respect, for this incredibly incompetent and despicable government, and if I were to go on a proper rant on here, I'd still be typing about their glaring inadequacies, until well into the middle of next week. :evil:

Have a smashing, sun drenched day, mate. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be amazing, sounds like he has a fighters chance.

I haven’t had one since RP, would just use my mams when north or for getting away tickets, they stopped under Bruce, as were spending 6 months abroad each year, I wasn’t that bothered at the time as had young kids so wasn’t often available for selection, and then it would just be London midweek or Sundays aways when I could get a ticket. Only really started back regularly the last 3 years as youngest is now old enough for proper away trips and did more home games as excuse to see my dad when he wasn’t well or tie in with a trip to the oncologists as they were always on Mondays, and obviously since he passed it ties in with checking on mam.

That’s a very long way round of saying I haven’t given it much thought. FWIW I think if I had one I would probably renew, in fact thinking about it now it’s probably time I got one. The thought of the club going into administration is just unbearable, won’t tell the Mrs mind.
Heh, heh, nice. It's useful to hear the thoughts of others whose opinions I respect. We're kind of arl in this together, in mare ways than one. I like to garner opinion, then dee the opposite, ha, ha. The one person in the world whose opinion I most respect is my sister in law. Over the years, I've found her judgement to be preternatural. My approach is simplicity exemplified. I ask her opinion (or not: often I get it, requested or not), then do the opposite of that which she advises. It is utterly foolproof (a description drenched in irony, given the circumstances).

Aft'noon Cloughster 🖐

I've been weighing up whether to buy a season card.
An old mate, & former neighbour of mine, and a lifelong MLF had a SC amongst my mates in the North Stand, but died recently at the age of 90.
I was thinking of possibly dropping the club an e-mail (as the ticket office isn't open, due to the Covid pandemic) and asking if I can take his seat, but atm I daren't commit to a direct debit, until I know if I'll still be in work, after my probationary period is up, at the end of June.
I had a season ticket for years, at Roker, which then carried on from the opening of the SOL, up until 2008/9 season, when I had to stop going to matches, because of illness.
I've been using mates SC cards for most of the past season, but they won't take anything in return, and I felt like a sponger, so a SC of my own would be great.
I'm unsure of the deadline to buy a SC, and am worried if I leave it until the beginning of July, (when I'll hopefully have an idea about being kept on in my job) then my old mates seat, will have been bought by somebody else.
I'll keep my fingers crossed, everything turns out ok. 🤞

Fantastic news, regarding your NHL mate, and at last, there seems to be real light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel.
Good for him, his wife, and his friends and family 👍 👏👏👏

I have zero time nor respect, for this incredibly incompetent and despicable government, and if I were to go on a proper rant on here, I'd still be typing about their glaring inadequacies, until well into the middle of next week. :evil:

Have a smashing, sun drenched day, mate. 👍
You too, HC, la. Yes, it's a very tricky situation, this season card business, isn't it? I hope it works out for you (the job most of all).

I go apoplectic, incandescent & homicidal each time I see Johnson or any of his fellow *****. I think I need help. Nor, on second thoughts, I'll sort the fuckers out mesel, ha, ha.

Afternoon CFG....

Hows the beautiful York this fine sunny sweltering day....

Afternoon Stortford....

Hope all good there mate....
Hi MK, been for a nice drive to the small town I’m from to shout from the road (chat to friends) who are finding lock down difficult to give some moral support. Dreading the crowds coming back to York. When I go to a game they are arriving sober, when I get back on train in evening station full of drunks, often wonder how many end up at Kings Cross who think they are on train to Leeds, Ncl or Manchester or smoggie central 😂

I hope you are feeling better and you get sorted soon 👍🌈

I've just read that the deadline to buy or renew SC's through direct debit, is Thursday 11th June, which means I cannot commit this early, to making the necessary dd payments. 😕
I'll just pick & choose my games, providing the 2020/21 season is played out with fans allowed back into stadiums.

Reactions: cfg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back