Not open for further replies.

Cooking done, was canny tbf 👍

Corona continues

Enjoy reading this lot, all points NESW 👍

Might have to go on vino tinto soon & a bit cheese

Just watching Rick Stein in Mexico - he’s a OF but street food looks cracking

But first, this Corona needs refreshing 👍🍺😄
I'm also watching Rick Stein.
I'm a big fan of his, and I'd one day, love to visit Mexico city, and sample some of the delicious looking grub they have over there. 😋

Did you ever try Tinto de Verano, on your travels to Spain ?
It literally translates as Summer Red (wine)
It's served in bars on the Costa's and is just a large glass of ordinary (cheap) red wine, mixed with Fanta Orange.
It's waaayyy too easy to slurp, but underestimate it at your peril. (as I once did) 😱😱😱

T just had a call from hospital, following her blood test today ( quick or wat?) she doesn’t have to “shield” anymore 😄😄👍
But ....
They said ..., She is more at risk than gen public “ we hope this helps you manage your situation” FFS been to the Boris school of openness & clarity ffs.

Aww that's class news. I'm over the moon for her 😁

Evening 😎
Evening all, once again, not had time to go through the thread yet, just having a butty. One of our busiest weeks ever...But off tomorrow, having a BBQ so we're really looking forward to it. Have a great night and I hope you've all had a lovely day. Thanks for the mentions and replies...You are all fantastic people on here...Bon Voyage...🚢🚢🚢

Hope you are finished now 😘

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of his, and I'd one day, love to visit Mexico city, and sample some of the delicious looking grub they have over there. 😋

It's served in bars on the Costa's and is just a large glass of ordinary (cheap) red wine, mixed with Fanta Orange.
It's waaayyy too easy to slurp, but underestimate it at your peril. (as I once did) 😱😱😱
Daughter was at uni with a Mexican lass & visited her for a month, lucky bugger. Their still good mates & meet up in London a couple of times a yr. Priscilla is her name. I love all street food 😄
Not tried that, the only thing I put in red wine is ........ red wine 🙄😄

Definitely go HC, went to Mexico City 30+ years ago, still the most interesting city I’ve ever been to, only bad part was the Aztec 2 step I got and had to spend 12 hours on a coach without a toilet but that’s a very long story

Definitely go HC, went to Mexico City 30+ years ago, still the most interesting city I’ve ever been to, only bad part was the Aztec 2 step I got and had to spend 12 hours on a coach without a toilet but that’s a very long story
I've written in the past, on SMB travel related threads, how I prefer to visit busy cities, rather than spending time on a beach, or on some desert island.
I'm a culture vulture on the quiet, and enjoy stuff like historic old buildings, food markets, history and languages, and from what I've seen of Mexico city on the telly, it's got everything I'm interested in, on a holiday.
I'd also love to visit other cities like Madrid, Rome, Buenos Aires, as well as Tokyo and Hong Kong, some day.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the first match I've caught where the stadium isn't all modernised and top drawer. There are some class venues over there.

Edit I'm sure it's nice enough mind.

Evening Janey, hope all good with you and your mam
I've written in the past, on SMB travel related threads, how I prefer to visit busy cities, rather than spending time on a beach, or on some desert island.
I'm a culture vulture on the quiet, and enjoy stuff like historic old buildings, food markets, history and languages, and from what I've seen of Mexico city on the telly, it's got everything I'm interested in, on a holiday.
I'd also love to visit other cities like Madrid, Rome, Buenos Aires, as well as Tokyo and Hong Kong, some day.
Done Madrid, Rome and Hong Kong all fantastic, Mexico City still tops the lot. Buenos Aires is a must do for me.

Last edited:
Evening all, once again, not had time to go through the thread yet, just having a butty. One of our busiest weeks ever...But off tomorrow, having a BBQ so we're really looking forward to it. Have a great night and I hope you've all had a lovely day. Thanks for the mentions and replies...You are all fantastic people on here...Bon Voyage...🚢🚢🚢
Enjoy your bbq P and chat tomorrow , I think you deserve to have a hangover in the morning pal...

It is thanks we are plodding on, going to break rules and go to Guisborough on Sunday, to cemetery.
hope you are okay too, is your mam still in NZ XX
We are all good, mam can stay in NZ till end September, they are out of lockdown and pubs are open, as I said to her, I wouldn’t rush back 😂

When we were in Amsterdam in 2009 we met a lad who was Mexican on a European tour. He loved being with our fans. He absolutely,loved it.
He told us a bit about his life he was a millionaire. His family were loaded. He landed in Amsterdam the same time as we did. We spent two days with him. I remember him outside the Sailor pub urging us to get into them and feck them up 😀
as they were winding us up on the other side of the canal.
He gave us his contact details, we didn’t contact him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back