Mass Effect - Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there are a few rough edges, but so far all of them are forgivable. I'm very glad I bought this. I'm at ~40 hours and taking it very slowly.

Problems so far on PC:
  • Game loading times can be quite slow, even on a fast SSD. Sometimes up to a minute.
  • The quest system is partially broken. Sometimes everything is checked green, but it's not considered done.
  • It's hard (and later impossible) to know from the map if you've already visited some locations.
  • Facial animations are whacky, but that gives it charm tbh. But what I have a hard time forgiving is that they are often lifeless. to the point of becoming a meme on the internet now.
  • Facial graphics in general could be better. Way behind Horizon. At some angles the faces look like basic phong shading models from 20 years ago.
  • Getting from planet A to B is tedious as it forces you through several drawn out cutscenes.
  • You should be able to visit every planet. The token anomalies seem very synthetic and/or fake in nature.
  • The menu system is a little bit awkward, but a lot of that is due to that fact that it's designed for a controller. Mouse driven inventory and character systems were down pat decades ago.
  • The "kill 10 rats" quests stand out like a sore thumb, again with more red tape getting from A to B in the Nexus via the tram.
  • You should be able to filter or categorise quests by location / planet. Instead I find myself having to read and re-read quests over and over again to find out where there are to reduce back n forth.

god damn it how do you take down a remanant architect

I has the one on eos down to its last leg only to die just at the last minute!!!!! aaarrghghghghg!!!!!!!!

Concentrate on 1 leg at a time, make sure you are in cover when it's mini gun is firing. If you need to restock make sure you run to ammo box when it isn't using mini gun. Don't shoot at it when the little Remnants come, concentrate on getting them out the way first

Learn it's attack pattern as I'm sure it uses the same one over and over again. Grenades and Energy attack just strafe left or right and continue firing, mini gun attack stay in cover till it stops

One more. The bar or nightclub is f***ing shit compared to previous MEs. There's no atmosphere and more importantly, no exotic dancers. PC and SJW getting the best of the dev team?

Yet another.. They dropped the now famous background star map tune for something too subtle and forgettable :evil:

Last edited:
What does everyone think of the squad mates then? I really like Peebee, Vetra, Drack and Jaal. Cora is ok but Liam can fuck off the boring bellend

One more. The bar or nightclub is f***ing shit compared to previous MEs. There's no atmosphere and more importantly, no exotic dancers. PC and SJW getting the best of the dev team?

Yet another.. They dropped the now famous background star map tune for something too subtle and forgettable :evil:

I stumbled on a video on Youtube about how Bioware are making the female characters Ugly, lol

Also seems like they are shoving Liam in my face too :eek: Just glad he had his pants on!

What does everyone think of the squad mates then? I really like Peebee, Vetra, Drack and Jaal. Cora is ok but Liam can fuck off the boring bellend

They've got plenty of promise I think. Trouble is people are comparing them with squad mates you've had for three games in the original trilogy. Jaal and Peebee together is class in the Nomad, she's obviously ganting for it with him. Anyone got to the really interesting bit on Voeldt yet? Tough decision.

I am concentrating all my efforts on the redhead co pilot

jaal has some class patter when he is in the nomad
Same here. I made a female character and I want to see some lezza action. All the other females like cock it seems.

Whats the point in doing strike teams if you are playing solo. It seems so f***ing pointless it should be disabled completely.??

Last edited:
Meh... Fighting a giant big flying tentacled boss thing on Voeld (I was back to 1080p as I'd never had a crash).

Got it down to a tiny bit health and the $$$$ing thing crashed again. Not playing until they patch it for ps pro, plenty of people with same error and I've filed a few bug reports to EA.

I've never had a game crash on a PS4 since I bought one (even the pro).

also took down the eos architect, vetra and jaal proved much more adept at fighting from a distance than cora and the krogan

liam shall be forever banished to the tempest

also took down the eos architect, vetra and jaal proved much more adept at fighting from a distance than cora and the krogan

liam shall be forever banished to the tempest

I'm hoping there is going to be an opportunity to sacrifice him. I'd rather have the space hamster from Mass Effect 2 in me squad than Liam the f***ing helmet

Class this like. Loads of little quests to keep you going.

I've never looked forward to taking someone down like I'm looking forward to taking down that Twat Spender on the nexus.

I'm calling it here - The Remnant are the human race after the Synthesis ending to ME3, who've gotten to Andromeda first after accelerated technological progress.

There's a very interesting story developing on the Nexus too. If it goes as well as I hope it'll make this game better than ME1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been in two minds whether or not to buy this since it came out.

Took the plunge tonight, just waiting for it to download. I'm going into it with no expectations so hopefully it won't be a disappointment.

Architect is one hell of a boss fight. Took 3 attempts. I realised the mistake of the first 2 was to keep still and try and find over.
Attempt 3 was RUN RUN RUN SHOT RUN RUN. The only times you can keep still really is when it's "aim for the head".. All other times you have to get a few sly shots in and keep running.

Adrenaline rush at 1:13am.. Not good :lol:

ME:A is starting to annoy me now. Due to either deliberate time-sinks, terrible noob design or shitty UI. I actually find myself fighting with the game almost as much as playing it now. Unfortunately it won't be until the 6th patch or so until they fix a lot of these issues, by then I'll have finished the game and be long gone. Some issues are so deep seated they'll never be fixed.
  • I'm collecting tons of resources and there's nothing worthwhile crafting as drops are better. Meaning the crafting system is broken to the point of being useless.
  • I don't know if I need to research better armour as I have to run to the other side of town to look at the stats of the leg pieces I'm f***ing wearing. Stupid
  • Zalkin II and Zalkin III have the same stats, it's broken on the Zalkin III
  • New weapons in research or development are highlighted with a "!", but if you have to scroll down to see them, you will instantly make the ! disappear, so you won't know which items actually had it in the first place.
  • If you need to craft an item that needs a certain material that you don't have, there's no way to tag that material. So you have to write them all down and what they were used for.. You have to manually write them down and this is supposed to be a space age society?
  • When landed, if I want to go into my ship and do something there I have to f***ing take off AND forced to watch the cutscene, then f***ing land and forced to watch another cut-scene.
  • If I want to change guns that I HAVE ON ME, i have to teleport to a loadout point. WTF, I'm carrying the kurnts on me because I just crafted the bastard!
  • A lot of the weapons and mods look like they have just made random stats to fill up the amount of gear you can get in order to make the game feel fuller.
  • Too many quests remind me of Dragon Age Inquisition's f***ing awful ones where they put little shitty "collect this" on cliff ledges and shit as a time sink. Memory shard? Haway, that's a horribly stupid and illogical narrative that stands out like a lazily designed time sink. Ore deposits are often put in difficult to get to places just to be another time-sink.
  • The map give you bare bones information with almost no topographical info or pathfinding abilities to help you find your way from A to B. Yes you can see the destination, but not the path to get there.
  • I often find myself having to hit ESC 5 or 6 times to come out of some menus and back into the game.
  • Horrible controller style menu system that makes you drill in and drill out to see what the fuck you are doing. These gamepad centric menu systems used to be annoying a few years ago, but now for complex games they are f***ing infuriating. I have a computer with a f***ing mouse that can display multiple windows so NO drilling in is required FFS. Just look at a long standing MMORPG which are arguably the most complex UIs in any type of game. They are easy to use, fast and efficient. A huge percentage of revenue comes from PC sales, so make a seperate f***ing UI for those with a mouse.
  • There's not a good mechanism to swap out team members AT an encounter. You have to quit or fail, go back to loadout place, come back and start again (as it will have reset). So I never bother and just say "fuck it, I'll run with these two". It means you have to know ahead of time what sort of encounter it's gonna be, which 9/10 you dont.

I am however, still glad I bought it.

Not being able to save when you want is beyond annoying now. Made worse by some quests not having checkpoints for ages.
I just stormed a large base, took my time, scanning, looting, making sure I took it all in. Towards the end I died due to a silly mistake..
Had to do the whole kurnting thing again. Honestly, how f***ing shitty is that? Sorry but on a PC I should not have to put up with that shit.

Now I'm in this base, I can't change weapons, I can't sell shit I have, I can't change mods or team members without resetting the whole place. Jeez

Positioning your squadmates behind the edge of a wall often means they stand there and do fuck all. You have to literally put them in open defenceless space before they'll wake up.

Last edited:
I'm only a few hours in and already the plastic looking human faces with their demonic stares are annoying me.

That Addison lass is by far and away the worst for it, the characters have no emotion in their facial expressions whatsoever.

Got all the arks and confronted the Archon. And it's still bloody going :) several decisions made that I know will bite me on the arse in later games.

Love this game me but it's got some of the worse fetch quests I've ever encountered.

True. I've just been doing them piecemeal in the middle of other jobs (they all show up on the big planet map)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the 1.05 patch.

Love this game me but it's got some of the worse fetch quests I've ever encountered.
I agree. I'm usually OCD about sidequests, but this one is annoying. The last game I played that had sidequests that make you go back to the same places after you clear them over and over again to such an extent was very unsurprisingly Dragon Age Inquisition.

Well the "and have implemented a much-requested change that allows players to skip the autopilot sequences in the galaxy map." fix doesnt work for system to system, or when landing or taking off.

Not the only one who's noticed the SJW / Overly feminist / Gay, trans shit in this game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back