Martin Braithwaite

I thoughr Kevin-Prince Boateng going from Portsmouth to AC Milan was a bit surreal at the time but this is a whole new level of surreal. Not quite as strange as European Footballer of the Year, Allan Simonsen, signing for debt ridden Third Division Charlton Athletic.

There's a rule in place for all La Liga clubs that they can make an emergency signing outside the transfer window, and is not uncommon. Martin Braithwaite to Barcelona is, though, admittedly.

The window was closed. They shouldn't have had to worry about having a player bought from them. Imagine if someone came in for your keeper after the closure had happened and you couldn't replace him. It's not right.
I'm not saying it is right.
I'm just stating that Barcelona haven't broken any rules.
It's pretty obvious they've exploited a 'loophole' - all i'm saying is they haven't done anything wrong (officially).
Whether it's right or wrong is just about people's opinions - people that don't matter .
Tarore and braithwajte good enough for Barca

But not the mutants lol
Nowt to do with 'not being good enough' - they both left of their own accord.
If I remember correctly, you were one of the folk on here that stated Traore was 'shite'.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it is right.
I'm just stating that Barcelona haven't broken any rules.
It's pretty obvious they've exploited a 'loophole' - all i'm saying is they haven't done anything wrong (officially).
Whether it's right or wrong is just about people's opinions - people that don't matter .

Nowt to do with 'not being good enough' - they both left of their own accord.
If I remember correctly, you were one of the folk on here that stated Traore was 'shite'.
You’ve had an absolute mare in this thread.

First match after restarting La Liga, still found good enough to start the match and got his first goal. Proving some doubters wrong so far

I seen Celta Vigo used this rule to find an emergency replacement for their goalkeeper......they signed a striker, ex Man City player Nolito.

Braithwaite just scored for the 3rd consecutive match
Right behind Griezmann for goals scored.
Griezmann: 3 La Liga goals, 2 Champions League. 197 minutes per goal prior to tonight's match, where he scored 1 in the first half.
Braithwaite, 1 La Liga goal, 3 Champions League. 65 minutes per goal prior to tonight's match, where he scored 1 in the first half.

Back