Martin Braithwaite

They have made some f***ing bizarre signings in the last. Kevin Prince Boateng a few seasons ago - wtf.

Didn't Real Madrid once loan Faubert as well? Spanish teams loan/purchase any old bollocks.

More to the point Barca have paid his release fee (well Braithwaite paid it, with Barca's money), so Leganes had no say in stopping it and its Barca so of course he wants to go. Leganes lose their top scorer and are then denied the chance to sign a replacement despite them being in a relegation battle.

Proper stinks.

i guess the reasoning was that by letting him go they didnt need him so they arent allowed to replace him. f***ing joke like, as if he's going to turn down barca.

i guess the reasoning was that by letting him go they didnt need him so they arent allowed to replace him. f***ing joke like, as if he's going to turn down barca.
Barca activated his release clause so Leganes had no choice but to release him.

Possibly the most stupid and unfair rule I've ever seen. Can you imagine this place if it happened to us man? :lol:

Last edited:
Barcelona sign a player not good enough for them for a decent fee who's probably gonna play once or twice & Leganes lose their best player and will probably get relegated now. Who wins here? :lol:

Decent enough player though, wasn't nineteen foot tall and didn't run around enough for Tony Pulis to like him at Boro IIRC.

mental choice and absolutely ridiculous. completely unfair on leganes as well, they aren't allowed to sign a replacement.
They aren't allowed to sign a replacement because (I presume) the window's closed.
Barca were allowed because (I presume) of their injury list , whereas Leganes CHOSE to weaken their side by selling Braithwaite.
It's the La Liga rules - no matter who (in this country) agrees or disagrees with them.

They aren't allowed to sign a replacement because (I presume) the window's closed.
Barca were allowed because (I presume) of their injury list , whereas Leganes CHOSE to weaken their side by selling Braithwaite.
It's the La Liga rules - no matter who (in this country) agrees or disagrees with them.
They had no choice but to sell. Barca met his release clause. So they have been fucked over.

They had no choice but to sell. Barca met his release clause. So they have been fucked over.
Yep. I'm not saying I agree with it , but that's their rules.
Whether they're orchestrated to help the likes of Barca and Real Madrid is open to interpretation I suppose.

Wrong! Leganes had no choice. Barca met his release fee, which although some compensation, they cannot replace him until they the end of the season when they are probably relegated.

Wrong! Leganes had no choice. Barca met his release fee, which although some compensation, they cannot replace him until they the end of the season when they are probably relegated.
Not 'wrong' at all.
If they didn't want to be left with no choice, then they shouldn't have allowed the release clause.
Sorry like, but I would suggest that a Spanish leagues rules don't really have anything to do with people on a message board in England.

Not 'wrong' at all.
If they didn't want to be left with no choice, then they shouldn't have allowed the release clause.
Sorry like, but I would suggest that a Spanish leagues rules don't really have anything to do with people on a message board in England.
piss off stupid mutant.
All Spanish players have a release fee written in to their contracts (by law iirc). Leganes had no say whatsoever here.
try telling that to our stupid mutant fiend, I've put him on on ignore!

Last edited:

Back