Martin Braithwaite

If you look up who Braithwaite's agent is and then Google the name, the real reason for this signing will become clear.

Braithwaite's agent represents De Jong who recently signed for them, and Victor Lindelöf who they have also been targeting. Expect Lindelöf to agree terms with them in the next transfer window.

If you look up who Braithwaite's agent is and then Google the name, the real reason for this signing will become clear.

Braithwaite's agent represents De Jong who recently signed for them, and Victor Lindelöf who they have also been targeting. Expect Lindelöf to agree terms with them in the next transfer window.
Christ that Lindelof is terrible

They aren't allowed to sign a replacement because (I presume) the window's closed.
Barca were allowed because (I presume) of their injury list , whereas Leganes CHOSE to weaken their side by selling Braithwaite.
It's the La Liga rules - no matter who (in this country) agrees or disagrees with them.
The rules say that a club in Spain can sign a player from one of the top two Spanish tiers outside the window if they get an injury to a player for a position where they have insufficient back up, if they can provide medical proof that that injury will surpass 5 months. They must sign the player within 14 days of sustaining the injury. There is no possibility to loan players. So, Leganes cannot sign a new player.
Braithwaite fits the bill as he is cheap. He is dynamic and can play the wide attacking role, which Barcelona manager Setien has desired in the player they were to sign.
He was never any success at Boro, but let's face it, Pulis and attacking don't go hand in hand. Woodgate wanted to keep him, but Braithwaite had his mind set on leaving.
All things considered, I reckon he will prove a lot if critics wrong and turn out to be a success at Barcelona. Not a world beater, but he will get some time on the pitch, they cannot rely on in Anzu Fati in every game. Hell, dare I say he can hardly be any worse than Coutinho was.

More to the point Barca have paid his release fee (well Braithwaite paid it, with Barca's money), so Leganes had no say in stopping it and its Barca so of course he wants to go. Leganes lose their top scorer and are then denied the chance to sign a replacement despite them being in a relegation battle.

Proper stinks.
So Barca are allowed to purchase an emergency forward but leganes aren't? Wtf?

Yep. I'm not saying I agree with it , but that's their rules.
Whether they're orchestrated to help the likes of Barca and Real Madrid is open to interpretation I suppose.

But they didn't choose to sell him.. They literally had no choice. Once a club meets a release clause, what can leganes do? They simply should of been allowed to sign a replacement.

But they didn't choose to sell him.. They literally had no choice. Once a club meets a release clause, what can leganes do? They simply should of been allowed to sign a replacement.
But those aren't the rules. The rules say you can only bring in a player if you have medical proof that a players is injured for 5 months or more.
It's a strange rule to bring in players in the first place, but the clubs just have to live with it until it gets changed. As it is now, it's not that big clubs run and dictate the league, but naturally this rule is easier for them to use as they have the funds to trigger buy out clauses.

Set one up and took the shot that led to the 5th. Considering he’s a donkey with a winning Lotto ticket, he’ll be bloody chuffed with that.

They cant be allowed to sign a replacement because they've SOLD a player - not got one out injured for the required time.
That's their rules.

They cant be allowed to sign a replacement because they've SOLD a player - not got one out injured for the required time.
That's their rules.
The window was closed. They shouldn't have had to worry about having a player bought from them. Imagine if someone came in for your keeper after the closure had happened and you couldn't replace him. It's not right.

Back