Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

Have you seen his new video, a lamb madras in the pressure cooker, doesn’t require the base gravy so it may appeal to a few people that haven’t got a batch

Have you seen his new video, a lamb madras in the pressure cooker, doesn’t require the base gravy so it may appeal to a few people that haven’t got a batch
His Beef Madrass was the same - made in a large pot and left. But I just did it in the instant pot. Seems like a very similar curry tbh.

He’s turned into a beefcake :lol: Was surprised to see the beard and general hench appearance but what’s happened to his voice?!
Lol What's wrong with my voice?
I thought you'd quit this place - tried to tag you about a year ago and it wouldn't work.
Anyway, welcome back. What's the plan? New stuff, or a finesse of the stuff already on the channel?
Sone new stuff during the lockdown

Any chance you could come up with a venison-based curry for the people of Penshaw? BTW, your videos have been a revelation. My renditions always go down a storm and I always point folk to your channel.

How spooky! I have been on this thread since the outset but never really had the chance to make base gravy etc. but sat down today and wrote down ingredients, with the intention of doing Chicken Jalfrezi later this week (essentially missus likes a bit of heat and onions so this fits the bill). He now has base gravy 2. I was going to bin it off and use base gravy 1 as it needs less ingredients. Any thoughts?

I also made my own Garlic Naan this week....used a breadmaker to kneed it but basically very easy.

How spooky! I have been on this thread since the outset but never really had the chance to make base gravy etc. but sat down today and wrote down ingredients, with the intention of doing Chicken Jalfrezi later this week (essentially missus likes a bit of heat and onions so this fits the bill). He now has base gravy 2. I was going to bin it off and use base gravy 1 as it needs less ingredients. Any thoughts?

I also made my own Garlic Naan this week....used a breadmaker to kneed it but basically very easy.
Base #2 would need me to specifically buy stuff just for it, so I've not bothered so far.

I'm not saying it may not be worth it, mind. Perhaps it is - has anyone here tried it (or even Al, honestly, is it worth it?)

Base Gravy #1 uploaded six years ago, #2 two years ago. Loads of rave reviews on recipes in that period. Though I would be interested in knowing why he created it/is it worth it.

Back