Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

Cheers PTR. Following some of your posts, it seems we think alike! Base 1 it is.

Base 1 is fine. Can't imagine there's much difference and the second one is more of a pain to make.

Made a madras tonight actually with paneer. Lusherooney. Only got one batch of base left so need to make another lot next weekend.

Top tip that isn't mentioned in the videos but needs to be done - water down the base a little when you're making the curry, down to a sort of slighter thicker than milk consistency.

Base Gravy #1 uploaded six years ago, #2 two years ago. Loads of rave reviews on recipes in that period. Though I would be interested in knowing why he created it/is it worth it.
As you all may know, Indian restaurants differ up and down the country. The bases reflect those differences. I would say that Base 2 is more sophisticated and is a base for a better curry but thats not to say there is anything wrong with the base. Good luck guys

As you all may know, Indian restaurants differ up and down the country. The bases reflect those differences. I would say that Base 2 is more sophisticated and is a base for a better curry but thats not to say there is anything wrong with the base. Good luck guys

i use base 2 and also have now put the rest of my family on to your recipes! Every single one has said they are the nicest curries they have eaten. I have had to make two batches of base since lockdown 😂

Top tip that isn't mentioned in the videos but needs to be done - water down the base a little when you're making the curry, down to a sort of slighter thicker than milk consistency.
He does mention that in a lot of videos, especially the more recent ones.

Base 1 is fine. Can't imagine there's much difference and the second one is more of a pain to make.

Made a madras tonight actually with paneer. Lusherooney. Only got one batch of base left so need to make another lot next weekend.

When you say once batch, roughly how much is that?

Al,

you mention that you use a red colouring food power in one of your recepies? Possible the Chicken Tikka Massalla? ... Do you have a link to this, or where can I buy it, and what is it called?

Was it not Kashmiri chili powder? That will turn most things very red!
That's what I use. Its not as good as a colouring, but its also a mild chilli spice. I don't care for what colour the food is - the taste is the bit that counts
When you say once batch, roughly how much is that?
I put mine into the plastic takeaway containers. A full one does 2 portions. I get about 6 (so 12) of them per batch of base.

That's what I use. Its not as good as a colouring, but its also a mild chilli spice. I don't care for what colour the food is - the taste is the bit that counts

I put mine into the plastic takeaway containers. A full one does 2 portions. I get about 6 (so 12) of them per batch of base.
Yea, that what we got, 6 medium Chinese plastic carton of sauce to freeze, and a portion to use same day.

Just looked for the video that uses food colouring. Its TRS Food Colouring

- 52 seconds in

Yea, that what we got, 6 medium Chinese plastic carton of sauce to freeze, and a portion to use same day.

Just looked for the video that uses food colouring. Its TRS Food Colouring

- 52 seconds in
That might just be my favourite curry, the sweetness in it is jus ace. I'd never heard of it before tbh.
But I don't bother with the colour

That might just be my favourite curry, the sweetness in it is jus ace. I'd never heard of it before tbh.
But I don't bother with the colour
yea, never heard of it myself but was flicking through his channel on YT.. It is lusharoonie like

Back