Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

karlm14

Striker
So I became aware of the "Al's Kitchen" (YouTube.com/c/alskitchen) YouTube channel a few weeks ago. And yesterday decided to try it.

The full range of ingredients (Barr the meat) cost me about £15 (Asian Food shop, Hylton Road, next door to Borneo). reckon the spices I've got spare will last me another 10/15 batches.

Followed his 'Base Gravy' recipe and then the 'Pre Cooked Chicken' and then made a Madras following his videos.

cooked for 5 last night and it went down an absolute treat, everyone loved it. The curry was of quality that would be served at an Indian restaurant. (I'm not taking any credit, all I done was follow his video. My cooking level is very much novice).

I've got enough 'base gravy' left to probably make another 5-6 currys (it can be frozen).

Felt I had to share this little gem , anyone who has an interest in cooking, And likes Currys - Give it a go. Honestly it's fantastic.

Making another curry today :cool:

I'll have a look at that, nice one. It's ages since I did a proper curry.

Update the thread when you do mate, let me know how you got on.

My mate made it last week, and he had fantastic results as well (when he shared it round, people ringing him asking what take-away he'd ordered from :lol:)

Glad I've come across it, love a good curry but the jar's you buy are absolute shite.

He does a video on 'King Prawn Naga Phall" :cool:

My mate made it last week, and he had fantastic results as well (when he shared it round, people ringing him asking what take-away he'd ordered from :lol:)

Glad I've come across it, love a good curry but the jar's you buy are absolute shite.

I'll see what I can do. Craving bastard curry now. :lol:

So I became aware of the "Al's Kitchen" (YouTube.com/c/alskitchen) YouTube channel a few weeks ago. And yesterday decided to try it.

The full range of ingredients (Barr the meat) cost me about £15 (Asian Food shop, Hylton Road, next door to Borneo). reckon the spices I've got spare will last me another 10/15 batches.

Followed his 'Base Gravy' recipe and then the 'Pre Cooked Chicken' and then made a Madras following his videos.

cooked for 5 last night and it went down an absolute treat, everyone loved it. The curry was of quality that would be served at an Indian restaurant. (I'm not taking any credit, all I done was follow his video. My cooking level is very much novice).

I've got enough 'base gravy' left to probably make another 5-6 currys (it can be frozen).

Felt I had to share this little gem , anyone who has an interest in cooking, And likes Currys - Give it a go. Honestly it's fantastic.

Pics man. Pics

i'll admit i was dubious but from those pics that looks absolutely class, might give it a try myself, cheers.
That said mine will look like someone has trained birds to throw up on a plate

Started making my own curries from scratch a few years back and once you start you can't stop - possibly the greatest cuisine on the planet?

I posted a full channel of videos man what more do you want ;)

Spices prepared

Logon or register to see this image

Base curry

Logon or register to see this image

Madras

Looks absolutely fantastic.

Have you been banned?

Reckon I'd get all those ingredients in ASDA? Nee' Asian supermarkets will be open today.
im going to have a dodge along one Friday when im off, might be decent, i enjoy cooking but never made a curry before because i always think it will be difficult.

Tesco have a bigger spice and world food section so that might be a better option

Back