Lumiere 2019 - tickets available Monday 10am

Status
Not open for further replies.

My wife and I never bother getting the tickets. We're staying at the Hotel Indigo on Sunday night so we can have a more relaxing day\night with no faff on with park & rides or taxis, etc. As there are loads of the artworks outside of the central peninsula so we're going to look at those first (coupled with a few pubs!) and just do the central bit later on after 7:30. Plus some bait in Zizzi.

I've downloaded the Lumiere Durham app onto my phone and the map on there shows where all the installations are so I've already got my 4:30 to 7:30pm route mapped out.

My wife and I never bother getting the tickets. We're staying at the Hotel Indigo on Sunday night so we can have a more relaxing day\night with no faff on with park & rides or taxis, etc. As there are loads of the artworks outside of the central peninsula so we're going to look at those first (coupled with a few pubs!) and just do the central bit later on after 7:30. Plus some bait in Zizzi.

I've downloaded the Lumiere Durham app onto my phone and the map on there shows where all the installations are so I've already got my 4:30 to 7:30pm route mapped out.
Your night sounded decent and generally a good idea. Then you said you were going to Zizzis.

What’s parking like?

Where would people recommend? Coming from Sunderland.
The park and ride on the A690 was chocka from 4-5pm. We didn't have any tickets so went and had some tea in Belmont, then headed to the P&R around 8 got parked straight away on the first bus and straight into the market place. We're away this weekend so aren't going but if we were I'd do the same thing again

What’s parking like?

Where would people recommend? Coming from Sunderland.

Belmont park and ride on the A690. I never take the car in.

For people coming from the other way, New College car park is open with buses as well as the park and ride.

Belmont park and ride on the A690. I never take the car in.

For people coming from the other way, New College car park is open with buses as well as the park and ride.
Thanks.

What time Sunday you think would be ok to park over there. We have tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back