Luke O nien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes - let’s forget 18 months of sub par performances and an inability to control a football because we’ve strung a few wins together and the lad runs around a lot.

I thought he was tremendous last night. I don’t care whether the armchair assessors on here consider him suitable for championship football. We’re in League 1 and he’s doing a sterling job. When we get promoted he’ll get a chance to prove whether he’s good enough. He’s not perfect and makes mistakes but on balance he’s a major asset to our current team.

No, I thought you may have seen him pushing a pram on to the road but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd tried you WUM act on that subject as well.
Oh I see. Sorry.

I haven’t spent much time with the lad so can’t really speak to howlikely he is to harm a pram or a child

Threads like this only confirm what many other people comment on, the mentality of certain sections of our fan base.

Luke O’Nien has played consistently very well in an unfamiliar position of right back. Puts in 110% every game, isn’t afraid of a tackle, loves the club and it’s fans. There’s still a huge number of our fans who haven’t accepted we’re in league 1 and players will have a bad touch or a bad game now and then, it happens. These lads aren’t world beaters but if they’re consistently playing well in a certain position then thats good enough. Comments like “first one out if we get promoted” are completely and unquestionably laughable. He’s one of few in the squad who could play at the level required in the championship.

On the other hand, you’ve got players like Denver Hume who to his credit has came on leaps and bounds this season, but last season / start of this season was truly appalling at left back but gets away with it because he’s an academy lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back