Luke O nien

Was quality again yesterday some of his cross field passes and touches where excellent if he keeps improving I think he could be a decent championship player.
Roker report gave him a 6! I’m not usually his biggest fan (I think his attitude is outstanding but that his work rate outshines his ability) but his touch and link up play with maguire last night was outstanding. He put in a few crosses that didn’t meet their target (the same criticism Hume gets) but to be fair crosses do tend to have a low success rate and in those conditions last night it’s no surprise. Was my motm.

His work rate is huge, he will run all game long and never give up, that’s why he’s loved here.
Having seen so many wankers play for us recently and have zero commitment it’s very much appreciated.
Yes he has limited skill and ability, but bloody hell, he is perfect for us in this league, hopefully he gets better mind, for him and us.
To say he is overrated isn’t true, I don’t believe anyone thinks he is a future PL superstar, just give us a 100% every game.

Is anyone still clamouring for him to be tried in his “proper position” yet?

We’ve turned a bog standard L1 central midfielder with some potential into a Championship quality wingback. One of the very few true successes from Jack Ross’s time here.

Roker report gave him a 6! I’m not usually his biggest fan (I think his attitude is outstanding but that his work rate outshines his ability) but his touch and link up play with maguire last night was outstanding. He put in a few crosses that didn’t meet their target (the same criticism Hume gets) but to be fair crosses do tend to have a low success rate and in those conditions last night it’s no surprise. Was my motm.

Some of the worst ratings out there - the obvious bias in them is lifting.

His work rate is huge, he will run all game long and never give up, that’s why he’s loved here.
Having seen so many wankers play for us recently and have zero commitment it’s very much appreciated.
Yes he has limited skill and ability, but bloody hell, he is perfect for us in this league, hopefully he gets better mind, for him and us.
To say he is overrated isn’t true, I don’t believe anyone thinks he is a future PL superstar, just give us a 100% every game.
Fair assesment, I'm not convinced he's good enough for the championship but Jesus he's busting a gut to try and get us there and the least he deserves next season is to be a squad player. If we go up of course.

Last edited:
Should be one of the first players we replace if we go up.

I disagree.

Hes exactly the sort of player we need if we go up.

He can play multiple positions and yes, if we get players who are of a better standard he might not start every week but he’s the sort of character who wouldnt make a fuss and would try his utmost to get back in to the team. Look at how he’s developed in just over 18 months here.

Was really good last night, in the conditions some of his touches and first time balls showed a real quality. Was really unlucky not to score, was in the right position more times than Hume. Could def be part of the squad in the Championship.

Back