Luke O nien

One of the few players we've got who I reckon would do well in the championship. Definitely not one of the first to replace

Theres plenty worse in the championship and a few worse in prem squads.

Experts keep on about his limited ability too. I agree. Other than regularly finding his man with passes of all ranges, excellent first touch, good skills, times headers so he almost wins the lot and often is in right positions in box he’s very limited yes.

He might not be the best technical player we have but he doesn't half work his arse off. He's brilliant for a small lad in the air and his first touch is sublime. Fan favourite amongst everyone in our house, how can you not like him? He's at the training ground early and leaves late. I think he could make the step up to championship 100%

Last edited:
Not really. We'd need improvements everywhere, especially there. It's nee good being sentimental about it when you're getting your arse handed to you week in week out.
Hardly, the statement was he should be one of the first to be replaced? I can think of at least 10 in the squad that need replacing ahead of him

Was quality again yesterday some of his cross field passes and touches where excellent if he keeps improving I think he could be a decent championship player.
Agree, is getting better by the game, and if we don't go up, there may well be a few championship teams wanting to buy him.

Should be one of the first players we replace if we go up.
Centre half, 2x central midfield, 1x wide forward and centre forward all need attention more urgently than O'Nein. At present only him, McClaughlin, Willis, Hume and Gooch that I'd be reasonably confident of making the step up. Wright and Scowen might if we sign them at end of season and Dobson and Maguire might be useful squad members.

Hardly, the statement was he should be one of the first to be replaced? I can think of at least 10 in the squad that need replacing ahead of him
He's one of the first eleven, and that first eleven needs to be improved upon. I'm not interested in what else is in the squad. We need a proper RWB if we go up (we could have done with one for our promotion push truth be told).

What's this lack of ability shit that these "I know better than everyone pricks" keep going on about. Some of his technical play last night was excellent . There was a ball came out of the sky from the other side of the pitch last night and he touched it around the defender 1st time for McQuire to run onto, perfectly weighted and just beautiful to see. It's been going on for to long this "he'll run all day but not good enough" shite, the lads got talent and is prepared to put to put it all on the line for our club. It should be appreciated not constantly chipped away at.

I think the championship is just a step to high for the lad..he may still improve tuo so who nahs
Why ? Think he has been our best and most consistent performer this season. On that basis you want us to replace our whole team if we go up ? He has improved tenfold since he arrived is a good player and not just a hard worker and his attitude and work rate counts for a hell of a lot
He's one of the first eleven, and that first eleven needs to be improved upon. I'm not interested in what else is in the squad. We need a proper RWB if we go up (we could have done with one for our promotion push truth be told).
He has developed into a very capable right back and the more he plays there the more he will improve. Why do we have to replace everyone if we go up ?

Last edited:
Yes - let’s forget 18 months of sub par performances and an inability to control a football because we’ve strung a few wins together and the lad runs around a lot.

You either are blind or on a wind up, run through his ball control on long distance crosses coming to him - sublime!. Count how many assists he has, how many shots stopped with last second interventions.How much ground he covers tracking back, work unnoticed.My pedigree 65yrs watching the lads, the only Sunderland player I've seen better in that position is Colin Todd.
I'll stop now before I get banned, fuming here.:evil::evil::evil:

I don’t get this when people say he has limited skill and is basically a grafter.
His fundamentals are very sound.
His first touch is good, he has a very good passing range he doesn’t waste much,his movement is good, he has intelligence and is actually a tough bastard.
What’s not to like.

Back