Luke O nien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone still clamouring for him to be tried in his “proper position” yet?

We’ve turned a bog standard L1 central midfielder with some potential into a Championship quality wingback. One of the very few true successes from Jack Ross’s time here.
Along with Willis, Power , Dobson ,McLaughlin, Maguire etc

Was really good last night, in the conditions some of his touches and first time balls showed a real quality. Was really unlucky not to score, was in the right position more times than Hume. Could def be part of the squad in the Championship.
Who do you think got more of the ball and put in more crosses last night, hume or onien?

They are both playing well, but hume is more imp to us atm, imo like.

Should be one of the first players we replace if we go up.
Totally disagree and agree with the OP. He showed real skill and ability last night. Its funny how some won't accept him as RWB - some think he has to be an attacking CM. For me, he is one of the few who would be decent in the Championship especially playing at RWB.

Although Luke ONien wasnt too bad since he came in, him, and most of the team seemed to have gelled more since McGeady sidelined/depature, and on the whole, we're looking a much better attacking team, having only last 1 in 12

Who do you think got more of the ball and put in more crosses last night, hume or onien?

They are both playing well, but hume is more imp to us atm, imo like.

As a midfielder playing as a full back.. O'Nein is better in my opinion. Got more goals, a better defender, better in the air and is used as an outlet from goal kicks etc. I like Hume as well by the way.

Doesn't matter how many crosses Hume put in as the bulk were terrible.
The final balls were poor.
The point was that hume is our most imp outlet.
He gets the ball more than any other player. His positioning and ability to run into space is great.
He is the outlet to get the ball out, so we're not hoofing it endlessly up the pitch.
When we have the ball it gives our defence time to sort themselves out.
It takes pressure off everyone else.

He needs improvement, but is, imo, out most imp player atm

Exactly this - Hume is such a good athlete that he gets into great positions but last night 80-90% of the time he wasted the good position he got in through bad crossing.
I agree.
Maybe the movement by our attacking players like Wyke hinder him?

He is still a very imp player to how our team perform

I’ll give you Maguire, none of the others are actually success stories IMO and I was actually a big Ross fan.

Willis - we signed one of the best defenders in L1.He’s still one of the best defenders in L1

Power - Multiple L1 Team of the Season selections and was twice Wigan player of the season. Looked like an average upper-L1 midfielder until last month

Dobson - signed a young player who was captain of Walsall, had a shaky start and has come into form over the last month.

McLaughlin - Scotland International, had already been in L1 tram of the season. Came in and continued his form from Hearts. Ross didn’t have much input into his development.

Was quality again yesterday some of his cross field passes and touches where excellent if he keeps improving I think he could be a decent championship player.
I really like the lad and agree with you. What amazes me is that there is rarely any middle ground on here regarding players ability. They are either Shite to some, and if you dare give a a player any praise, you are accused of making him the next Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back