Luke O nien

His work rate is huge, he will run all game long and never give up, that’s why he’s loved here.
Having seen so many wankers play for us recently and have zero commitment it’s very much appreciated.
Yes he has limited skill and ability, but bloody hell, he is perfect for us in this league, hopefully he gets better mind, for him and us.
To say he is overrated isn’t true, I don’t believe anyone thinks he is a future PL superstar, just give us a 100% every game.
When we had all the so called premiership players and players that could not care less we were crying for players to give there all, I can handle that he might not be the best player in the world and will never be, but I would rather see him in a Sunderland shirt over many a player who had better ability than him but could not be arsed

Look at Sheff Utd and Bournmouth when they went up. A lot of their players played through the league's with them.
This is correct, and when those players were in league one they were just playing like slightly better than average league one players but they had the drive and desire to improve as they stepped up the levels. We have several players who could do that.

You just have to look at the squad at Sheffield Utd, most of them were league one standard not so long ago and now look where they are? I like O’Nien, and I think he has the ability to adapt his game to a higher league, he has improved consistently and I think he has the proper attitude to make it at a higher level.

Why ? Think he has been our best and most consistent performer this season. On that basis you want us to replace our whole team if we go up ? He has improved tenfold since he arrived is a good player and not just a hard worker and his attitude and work rate counts for a hell of a lot

He has developed into a very capable right back and the more he plays there the more he will improve. Why do we have to replace everyone if we go up ?
No he hasn't - he's not even playing right back currently. He's doing a job - in League 1. That's it.

Because we'll very likely not be good enough to stay up if we don't.

Should be one of the first players we replace if we go up.
Whooooosh?
You just have to look at the squad at Sheffield Utd, most of them were league one standard not so long ago and now look where they are? I like O’Nien, and I think he has the ability to adapt his game to a higher league, he has improved consistently and I think he has the proper attitude to make it at a higher level.
Agree 100%

Sheffield United went up at a bloody canter man.

Their squad now is very very different to the squad that got promoted from League 1.
Sheff Utd 2 Coventry 0 League 1 5/4/17

S. Moore

C. Basham J. Wright J O'Connell

K. Freeman P. Coutts M. Duffy J. Fleck D. Lafferty
B. Sharp J. Hanson

Long
Done
Wilson
O'Shea
Clarke
Chapman
Carrutthers

Sheff Utd 2 Bournemouth 1 Premier League 9/2/20

D. Henderson

C. Basham J. Egan J. O'Connell

G. Baldock S. Berge O. Norwood J. Fleck E. Stevens
O. McBurnie B.Sharp

Lundstram
Jagielka
McGoldrick
Verrips
Mousset
Osborn
Retsos

Last edited:
No he hasn't - he's not even playing right back currently. He's doing a job - in League 1. That's it.

Because we'll very likely not be good enough to stay up if we don't.
Right back and now right wing back . Doing more then a job . Our most consistent performer who has done a great job in positions he never played before.

Why have to change a whole team ? Not seen that done before for a team going from league one to championship. Yes we would need additions but don’t need to replace every player for sake of it

Right back and now right wing back . Doing more then a job . Our most consistent performer who has done a great job in positions he never played before.

Why have to change a whole team ? Not seen that done before for a team going from league one to championship. Yes we would need additions but don’t need to replace every player for sake of it
Ok Mate.

Sheffield United went up at a bloody canter man.

Their squad now is very very different to the squad that got promoted from League 1.
Sheff Utd 2 Coventry 0 League 1 5/4/17

S. Moore

C. Basham J. Wright J O'Connell

K. Freeman P. Coutts M. Duffy J. Fleck D. Lafferty
B. Sharp J. Hanson

Long
Done
Wilson
O'Shea
Clarke
Chapman
Carrutthers

Sheff Utd 2 Bournemouth 1 Premier League 9/2/20

D. Henderson

C. Basham J. Egan J. O'Connell

G. Baldock S. Berge O. Norwood J. Fleck E. Stevens
O. McBurnie B.Sharp

Lundstram
Jagielka
McGoldrick
Verrips
Mousset
Osborn
Retsos
Thanks for the info. My point being the RB is still there? So why can’t O’Nien do the same?

Well time will tell mate, I really hope he does succeed as he has a quality attitude that we have lacked for a long time.
Being a cheat and posing with elephants must go a long way with some people.
Well time will tell mate, I really hope he does succeed as he has a quality attitude that we have lacked for a long time.
Being a cheat and posing with elephants must go a long way with some people.

Cannit believe Luke O'Nien of all people is getting stick on here like.

The same people would probably love it if McGeady was still here despite his disgraceful attitude. Tell ya what, I wish we had 11 with the same desire and attitude as Luke.

Back