Losing my boy

Just stop man. You keep talking about perspective, but you clearly have none. Just because your experience of pet ownership is one thing, doesn't mean it's universal. Pets are family to a lot of people and losing one is absolutely devastating.
Probably being silly but when my dog goes il almost be as gutted as I would if it was my family, I'm struggling with my mental health and don't see many people he's a constant and cheers me up.

Are you trying to make fun of my loss now?

Shame on you. Trot along.
If you can't contribute anything positive to the thread then just shut the fuck up. All you are doing is trying to wind up someone who is having a hard time and those trying to sympathise. Philosophical questions about whether pets can be equated with family members are for times when their demise is not an issue. Butt out!

My dogs dying too mate.

Massive tumour in his liver.

It's so big you can see the lump when he lies down. Had him 10 years, cross jack russell.

Got told he has 2 weeks to 2 months just on Tuesday.

He seems to be doing alright, treating him rotten at the moment. Gonna miss him like mad when he goes.

So sorry to hear that mate. I'm just laid here listening to him snore thinking of ways of spoiling him rotten like. Daft lad has no idea the affect he's had on my life.

For a bit of perspective, I was diagnosed with depression years ago and was in a bad place. Since having Howie, I've had so much joy. I just feel like it's being cut far too short.

Last edited:
You're not a dog person then?

I am. I have a dog since 2009.

My question to the OP wasn't sarcasm. It was a genuine question. I just personally find it strange to be taking time off work because a dog is dying. I'm not saying that it's wrong. I just wouldn't do it myself.

But, who knows? My dog is starting to show his age now. I might think differently if something happens down the line.

If you can't contribute anything positive to the thread then just shut the fuck up. All you are doing is trying to wind up someone who is having a hard time and those trying to sympathise. Philosophical questions about whether pets can be equated with family members are for times when their demise is not an issue. Butt out!

He is having a rest from this thread

So sorry to hear that mate. I'm just laid here listening to him snore thinking of ways of spoiling him rotten like. Daft lad has no idea the affect he's had on my life.

For a bit of perspective, I was diagnosed with depression years ago and was in a bad place. Since having Howie, I've had so much joy. I just feel like it's being cut far too short.
You shouldn't need to give any perspective to anyone marra. Totally up to you - and I hope you can see how many would/will/do feel the same. Ignore the ones looking for bites, let them question themselves why they do that... You get on with spoiling the wee fella rotten.

I feel for ya marra

Howie, my 7 year old Boston Terrier had an MRI at the weekend after suddenly stopping eating last week and developing balance problems.

We were told today that he's got weeks left. 3 inoperable lesions on his brain.

I don't even blub like I did today at funerals. I feel like a part of me has literally been ripped out.

We're doing a bucket list for him, ice cream at the beach, swimming, playing footie...no showering together though.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you lot know.

Awful news mate think of the good times and love the idea of his bucket list ..... Dogs are amazing animals who give so much unconditional love .... chin up pal and I hope its not too soon

Horrible mate. Lost two dogs myself in the past. Last one about 3 years ago. I take comfort in the fact they had much better lives than they would have had stuck in kennels waiting for a new owner.

When I was a bairn we had a cat for about 16 years. In the end she had to be put to sleep. First and possibly only time I saw my dad cry.

What is it

Cockerpoo. She's lovely, really well trained, you don't even need to put her on a lead when taking her out.

It'll break our hearts but I work away now and our lass has taken on extra hours at work. We've got a couple from London coming up on Saturday to see her.

Back