Losing my boy

This is not a thread to score pathetic points. We love our pets. They're members of the family. When you lose one, it's heartbreaking.
When the next "Cats > Dogs. Dogs > Cats" thread comes along feel free to chip in your 2 penneth.
Until then, shush.
Calm the fuck down. No one is trying to score points.
I have a dog and will be gutted when he goes.
Uncle D basically said that when his cat goes he won't grieve he will just get another.

Calm the fuck down. No one is trying to score points.
I have a dog and will be gutted when he goes.
Uncle D basically said that when his cat goes he won't grieve he will just get another.

Seems to me @Uncle D needs to have a serious think about why he's getting one if he's not that fussed when they pop their clogs

Seems to me @Uncle D needs to have a serious think about why he's getting one if he's not that fussed when they pop their clogs
I'm fussed mate and will miss him but in a week or so will get another.
I can't understand how some people compare it to losing family or friends, you can't get another one of them.

I'm fussed mate and will miss him but in a week or so will get another.
I can't understand how some people compare it to losing family or friends, you can't get another one of them.

You can get another cat, or dog, but it won't be the same, so it's not a great comparison.

As for why I'm at home today, I actually couldn't face going in. Folk may not understand why, but I don't want to have to confront the issue with people as it'll just get embarrassing for me.

We lost our Bulldog around 2 years ago aged 4, I was gutted, he had severe intestine problems and was in severe pain. A difficult decision was made to have him put to sleep, it was for the best but I miss the big bastard and his snoring. :lol:

The Mrs works for a local Dog charity and we get to board dogs while they go through their training. We had the first dog, a Black Lab called Odin, for around 3 months. I was in bits when we had to say goodbye... 3 months FFS. That's nothing. I don't think i'd be able to handle losing a dog after 10+ years.

We lost our Bulldog around 2 years ago aged 4, I was gutted, he had severe intestine problems and was in severe pain. A difficult decision was made to have him put to sleep, it was for the best but I miss the big bastard and his snoring. :lol:

4 is a shit age just when you have them in your ways

No age is great mind

We lost our dog, Norman (see avatar) almost three years ago, after only three weeks of illness. He was only five. The family was devastated like nothing before or since. I empathize with you, mate.

Howie, my 7 year old Boston Terrier had an MRI at the weekend after suddenly stopping eating last week and developing balance problems.

We were told today that he's got weeks left. 3 inoperable lesions on his brain.

I don't even blub like I did today at funerals. I feel like a part of me has literally been ripped out.

We're doing a bucket list for him, ice cream at the beach, swimming, playing footie...no showering together though.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you lot know.

Absolutely gutted for you mate and understand the pure pain and heartbreak.

If I’m still around here in years to come and mine eventually goes I will be a broken man. My best friend for sure and every day I wake up I long to see him and the feeling is mutual.

At the right time mate, after grieving............another dog needs you.

You can get another cat, or dog, but it won't be the same, so it's not a great comparison.

As for why I'm at home today, I actually couldn't face going in. Folk may not understand why, but I don't want to have to confront the issue with people as it'll just get embarrassing for me.

You do right marra. I went into work the morning after, as I had meetings and regretted it. People could tell something was wrong and kept asking if I was OK. I really wasn't and should not have been there.

Back