Losing my boy

We lost our dog, Norman (see avatar) almost three years ago, after only three weeks of illness. He was only five. The family was devastated like nothing before or since. I empathize with you, mate.

He's sleeping most of the time now, then has these mental bursts of pure fun. He's great. It'll be hard, it always is. But nobody can take away what he's brought to us.

Howie, my 7 year old Boston Terrier had an MRI at the weekend after suddenly stopping eating last week and developing balance problems.

We were told today that he's got weeks left. 3 inoperable lesions on his brain.

I don't even blub like I did today at funerals. I feel like a part of me has literally been ripped out.

We're doing a bucket list for him, ice cream at the beach, swimming, playing footie...no showering together though.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you lot know.
Just read this, absolutely gutted for you mate

Aww he's gorgeous. Proper expressive face there. Love him :D

I'm fussed mate and will miss him but in a week or so will get another.
I can't understand how some people compare it to losing family or friends, you can't get another one of them.

It's the daft things I'll miss when Bob goes. Like he "talks" to me. I'll come home and he goes "aaaaahhhhh-whoooooo" and it sounds like hello. I'll ask if he's had a good day and he'll respond with a series of woofs and growls and we have a bit chat like that. When I go upstairs, he runs up ahead and sits on the top stair wagging his tail as he knows I'll give him a quick cuddle when I get to the top. It's ok saying get another dog, but the next dog won't do the daft things that Bob does. That's why I'll grieve for him like I would a friend or family member.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's the daft things I'll miss when Bob goes. Like he "talks" to me. I'll come home and he goes "aaaaahhhhh-whoooooo" and it sounds like hello. I'll ask if he's had a good day and he'll respond with a series of woofs and growls and we have a bit chat like that. When I go upstairs, he runs up ahead and sits on the top stair wagging his tail as he knows I'll give him a quick cuddle when I get to the top. It's ok saying get another dog, but the next dog won't do the daft things that Bob does. That's why I'll grieve for him like I would a friend or family member.

It’s unbelievable isn’t it the bond we have with them.
Mine smiles rolling his mouth up.
Plenty of other routines, paw, paw kiss that catches many people out.
He is just a big soft lump. Mind you when he wants play rough he is strong and will run at you trying to knock you over.

Didn’t really realise how much it would hurt losing a pet until it happens.

Lost our 9 month old bedlington terrier today. He had an unfortunate accident and was best to have him put down sadly.

Absolutely gutted mind. Totally feel for anyone else in this situation. Only had him for nine months but he became part of the family.

Howie, my 7 year old Boston Terrier had an MRI at the weekend after suddenly stopping eating last week and developing balance problems.

We were told today that he's got weeks left. 3 inoperable lesions on his brain.

I don't even blub like I did today at funerals. I feel like a part of me has literally been ripped out.

We're doing a bucket list for him, ice cream at the beach, swimming, playing footie...no showering together though.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you lot know.
Sorry to hear that mate
Enjoy your time with him

Lost our 9 month old bedlington terrier today. He had an unfortunate accident and was best to have him put down sadly.

Absolutely gutted mind. Totally feel for anyone else in this situation. Only had him for nine months but he became part of the family.
Lost 2 cats in the last 2 years after having them both for about 14/15 years - very tough to take. Just two left now.

Bet he can’t say sausages

Mans best friend we have a cockapoo got him as a rescue when he was a puppy and he is quite literally part of the family. So loving with our girls and is not a bit of bother although he is soft as clarts. Love him to bits
Last night, my son said we should visit a rescue centre and offer to take dogs out for a walk. Had to say no as I'm too soft and would want to take them all home. When my cats die though, I will be first in the queue to get a rescue dog.

Last night, my son said we should visit a rescue centre and offer to take dogs out for a walk. Had to say no as I'm too soft and would want to take them all home. When my cats die though, I will be first in the queue to get a rescue dog.

We went last year visited a few times wanting a dog maybe 2/3 years old then one day we went and they had our dog in he was a puppy 12 weeks old they did all his injections and everything for the first year. He is a perfect little dog, Know what you mean about bringing them all home though

So sorry that's awful.
It is a week since we lost our westie.
I cried so much but now I'm starting to celebrate his life

So sorry to read that marra. Sending my love xx
Bet he can’t say sausages

No but the other day, all my bairns were here and I was mucking around and said "awww who's Mammys favourite then?" to them. Before they could answer, the dog went "whooo whoooo" and sat looking at me wagging his tail :lol:

If he's keen Brysons at Eighton Banks were looking for volunteers a few months back. My son banned me from it as he said next time he came home, I'd have about 27 dogs :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back