Losing my boy

Howie, my 7 year old Boston Terrier had an MRI at the weekend after suddenly stopping eating last week and developing balance problems.

We were told today that he's got weeks left. 3 inoperable lesions on his brain.

I don't even blub like I did today at funerals. I feel like a part of me has literally been ripped out.

We're doing a bucket list for him, ice cream at the beach, swimming, playing footie...no showering together though.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you lot know.

I dont know you but i want to say sorry. Losing a dog is worse than losing a cousin or an aunty.

Howie, my 7 year old Boston Terrier had an MRI at the weekend after suddenly stopping eating last week and developing balance problems.

I don't even blub like I did today at funerals. I feel like a part of me has literally been ripped out.

We're doing a bucket list for him, ice cream at the beach, swimming, playing footie...no showering together though.

My dogs dying too mate.

Massive tumour in his liver.

It's so big you can see the lump when he lies down. Had him 10 years, cross jack russell.

Got told he has 2 weeks to 2 months just on Tuesday.

He seems to be doing alright, treating him rotten at the moment. Gonna miss him like mad when he goes.

not following, what is your point?

If you disagree with a single word I have said let me know

Dogs are great, I lost mine.
Just stop man. You keep talking about perspective, but you clearly have none. Just because your experience of pet ownership is one thing, doesn't mean it's universal. Pets are family to a lot of people and losing one is absolutely devastating.

If I think I have something worthwile to add, then I will thanks.

You say "To people who own Dogs it is the same" well thats simply not true. I lost a dog so I know.

You don’t have anything worthwhile to add though clearly, certainly not on this subject anyway. You’re just looking for bites though so I’ll leave it at that.

So sorry to hear that mate. Hope he enjoys the bucket list - time with you will be on it.

Back