Long ball game taken to another level

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were dog shit, as was our 'football'. You deserved the win today.

Ta fella.
We're on the crest of a wave at the moment, whereas you're clearly just in a little bit of a lull. People talk about a new manager "Bounce", but that was simply too early for your new guy.
You'll certainly be a threat at the top I'm certain. We're still trying to work out how much of one we'll be - we haven't played arguably our best front line yet - but are awash with options across the pitch ( 5 out injured or suspended today - that undoubtedly 2 would have started, and the other 2 wouldn't weaken things)

He’s probably been observing this week. Honestly do you think he’s implemented his tactics within a couple of days? Some of you supporters need to f***ing calm down you’re embarrassing as fuck man.

I'm calm
Just watched a team , however ,under new manager bounce get beat because , his tactics was to launch the ball any chance ya get up to some usesless bastard up front

f***ing terrible from a new manager wether 2 days or 200

Suck it up

I'm calm
Just watched a team , however ,under new manager bounce get beat because , his tactics was to launch the ball any chance ya get up to some usesless bastard up front

f***ing terrible from a new manager wether 2 days or 200

Suck it up
You suck it up and deal with it. I’ll listen to genuine criticism in a few weeks if things continue.

I’m pissed off with that performance and think he’s a poor appointment but I’ll at least give him a fair few games so he can impose his ideas/tactics before I start judging him. That was still a Ross side without him on the touch line

Last edited:
You suck it up and deal with it. I’ll listen to genuine criticism in a few weeks if things continue.

It's always a few weeks with weak minded people like you

Don't play the worst hoofball to the worst striker we have ever had.

Hardly rocket science yet plum pudding Parky seemed to instill it in 2 days

Ta fella.
We're on the crest of a wave at the moment, whereas you're clearly just in a little bit of a lull. People talk about a new manager "Bounce", but that was simply too early for your new guy.
You'll certainly be a threat at the top I'm certain. We're still trying to work out how much of one we'll be - we haven't played arguably our best front line yet - but are awash with options across the pitch ( 5 out injured or suspended today - that undoubtedly 2 would have started, and the other 2 wouldn't weaken things)

A little bit of a lull!!!!!!! We've swapped defoe for Charlie f***ing Wyke, finished bottom of our league 2 out of the last 3 years. I'm 41 and it's been mainly constant lull after lull. I hate football more than Barry Scott, Pierce Morgan and Nerys Hughes combined at the moment.

Mate, you're on the wrong forum for positivity and joy!
Good luck for the rest of the season.

If you were coming in an seen that you had a man mountain like CW upfront surely your initial instinct would be to exploit your asset. Not Parkinsons fault that Wyke is shite. He has no excuse mind if its the same on Tuesday cos any manager worth his salt would have found Wyke out after today.

McNulty is the only striker who is mobile, sack off Grigg, thank fuck Wykes injured.
Hopefully mcgeady or Maguire start to look interested otherwise it’s going to be a very painful season

We play like that again and we will be sliding down the table looking back in awe that Jack Ross had these fuckers anywhere near the play offs.

Exactly, it is not going to be Rinus Michels style Total Football is it?

It’s Division 3, punt the ball to Wyke and play for the 2nd balls. It is thin gruel but that is now the diet.

Until the likes of Wycombe are matched for physicality, these type of results will continue.
How do you play for the 2nd balls when
A:It is Wyke you are trying to hit (nee chance on him winning it)
B:There is only Wyke up on his own with no-one alongside him to challenge for the second ball.

I didn’t select him. Therefore I don’t have to shut up about him. I said before what would happen and I’m being proven right, as did most others on here. Sadly the club is being condemned to decades of this shite as we speak
How dare you !!!
That shite was adirect result of people like you hounding JR out. Now you see what you get in this league, at least JR tried to play football.
Switched it off didn't look like Ross had gone
Ross's team looked like city compared to todays shite. We got what we deserve , now we have to live with it.

How dare you !!!
That shite was adirect result of people like you hounding JR out. Now you see what you get in this league, at least JR tried to play football.

Ross's team looked like city compared to todays shite. We got what we deserve , now we have to live with it.
Don't be f***ing ridiculous inventing things; no matter if Parkinson is a clem himself.

JR (last season): "I knew right there we needed to make the game longer".

So , Put one of the poorest strikers in the league as your whole focal point of the half ?

I mean , it was long ball taken to a new level , can't even understand what the manager was trying to achieve , absolutely f***ing disgusting tactics.
Fair enough 2 days , but still , very poor choice considering what we have sat thru for 18 months

2nd half , was still trying to get over the 1st half debarcle.

Very f***ing poor tactics . Absolutely done away with new manager bounce straight away

Anyone else thinks any different fair enough

That's him to a tee though. Amazing when you think that performance is what he was a really trying to get them to do. All he thinks we need is to do the same stuff a bit better.

Amazing we've ended up with a manager who belongs in 1975.
How dare you !!!

Only argument I will make is I don't think anyone expected the replacement to be this much of a f***ing disgrace.

It’s weird how anyone on here can see what’s wrong, yet anyone remotely connected to the club has no idea about how to affect anything.

Everyone knew PP was a shite appointment and would play shit football, everyone can see what type of player we needed to sign, everyone can see long ball doesn’t work, etc etc,

Yet the club seem to just stumble along with their eyes shut thinking it will all change.

It’s absolutely horrendous at the minute and those in charge should be thoroughly ashamed.

I thought things were bad post Wembley, but we are going backwards at an alarming rate of knots.

Not a new level - just the same that we saw in the last few league games.

After 2 days in charge you'de hardly expect otherwise. Would have been nice, but...

At least he's seen it now. It's a big week now.

The bloke had two days to prepare for the game, give him a chance.

The players need to start takng responsibility, they can't continue hiding behind the opposition. Wyke has to be dropped, he's absolutely useless.

Of course he needs a chance. But he is a long ball merchant, and as Wyke is the only forward who doesn't look as if he started his career in Lilliput, he'll probably play more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back