Londonderry Car Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

They have tried, numerous times. If its correct name isn’t Londonderry it begs the question why people are trying to legally change it.
I know mate. I'm just helping him towards the logical conclusion.

Just announcing we prefer Derry isn't enough, you need to do it lawfully. And the law requires the Queens ascent. Maybe if they hadn't been killing and trying to kill her and her family members for so long she might be a bit more sympathetic to their cause

So Northern Ireland isn't on the island of Ireland now? And you think there will be no terrorist activity south of the border? You probably don't know that the biggest loss of life from terrorist activity was in the last civil war in NI.

Of course I condemn them, like I condemn all terrorism and terrorists. PS - they are the New IRA and are vicious bastards. You might think the Provos were bad, but these lads are worse.
It’s a separate country, the only people who spout the island of Ireland are backward Republicans who believe a united Ireland would work, it would crumble your country financially, it would be a complete cluster fuck. Add to the fact the last vote was a no for it.

The only terrorist activity south of the border currentlyis them using it as a safe haven. The Provos weren’t bad, it’s just a shame the British Government were soft as shite with them, they could have wiped the whole organisation out within weeks if they’d had the balls.

And you're surprised? Its an absolute wankathon on here over Celtic, despite the fact they are anti British and mock our brave soldiers being beheaded.
I was raised Catholic and I've never signed up to the whole Celtic, Irish freedom shite. I know plenty who do from my youth though and it's utterly embarressing.

I said nothing of the sort.
What I would say is that it is irresponsible of the British Government to give oxygen to dissident Republicans that create the conditions to ignite a terrorist campaign in Ireland again.
I'm well aware of that old boy

I was just using your line of argument as in when I said I didn't agree with selling arms to the saudis and you twisted it into I support bombing innocent civilians

Dan Breen lead a group that took on the British forces in Ireland. To the British, he was a terrorist. To the Irish he was a and is a hero.
We’ve had lots of British heroes, thankfully we’ve moved on and are looking forward, it’s actually laughable the way the Irish and a certain part of the Jocks live so far in the past and still bang on about these type of heroes, it stinks of small man syndrome.

I know mate. I'm just helping him towards the logical conclusion.

Just announcing we prefer Derry isn't enough, you need to do it lawfully. And the law requires the Queens ascent. Maybe if they hadn't been killing and trying to kill her and her family members for so long she might be a bit more sympathetic to their cause

Think the problem with Derry/Londonderry is that there is a majority of nationalists which isn't reflected in elections.The place has completely and utterly gerrymandered to protect the unionist minority.

The majority of unionists would refer to it as Derry also
As I said to another expert, it is accepted, I wouldn’t say the majority of Unionists/loyalists do.

It’s good to see all the Republicans coming on this thread to condemn the actions of a backwards organisation.

Dan Breen lead a group that took on the British forces in Ireland. To the British, he was a terrorist. To the Irish he was a and is a hero.
To some fckwits in the UK he is a hero ( I'm thinking Stumpy in particular), fortunately most people think cowards who ambush and murder policemen are cowardly scum.

Think the problem with Derry/Londonderry is that there is a majority of nationalists which isn't reflected in elections.The place has completely and utterly gerrymandered to protect the unionist minority.
Like they do the minority nationalist community in East Belfast?

It’s a separate country, the only people who spout the island of Ireland are backward Republicans who believe a united Ireland would work, it would crumble your country financially, it would be a complete cluster fuck. Add to the fact the last vote was a no for it.

Well, you can count me out of your so called ''backward Republicans'' because I was quite happy with the GFA/Belfast Agreement settlement. Pity Brexiteers had to mess that up.

The only terrorist activity south of the border currentlyis them using it as a safe haven. The Provos weren’t bad, it’s just a shame the British Government were soft as shite with them, they could have wiped the whole organisation out within weeks if they’d had the balls.

The current situation on the border is that its a smugglers paradise that neither the Northern Irish or Irish customs people will entAnder without having police/army backup. Its far too dangeorus. And that is only over cigarettes and diesel. Fortunately the dissident republicans are not into drug smuggling, unlike their loyalist counterparts.

Well, you can count me out of your so called ''backward Republicans'' because I was quite happy with the GFA/Belfast Agreement settlement. Pity Brexiteers had to mess that up.

The current situation on the border is that its a smugglers paradise that neither the Northern Irish or Irish customs people will entAnder without having police/army backup. Its far too dangeorus. And that is only over cigarettes and diesel. Fortunately the dissident republicans are not into drug smuggling, unlike their loyalist counterparts.
Is that because their loyalist counterparts are not planting car bombs etc? It’s impossible for you to post anything without having a dig at the British Government or loyalists, your bitterness is there for all to see.

So which Republican terrorist organisation are responsible for drug smuggling, or a you trying to tell me that it’s only a loyalist problem?

As for the smuggling issues on the border, it’s always been there, it’s always been a massive issue. Just look at the ‘hero’ Slab Murphy.

We’ve had lots of British heroes, thankfully we’ve moved on and are looking forward, it’s actually laughable the way the Irish and a certain part of the Jocks live so far in the past and still bang on about these type of heroes, it stinks of small man syndrome.

Jesus, you bang on non-stop about the various wars going back 100s of years. You spend the month of November every year celebrating a world war that took place over 100 years ago.

Yesterday was the 100th Anniversary of Ireland's first strike for Ireland's successful guerilla war that lead to Independence. Dan Breen lead that first strike and you have a problem with Irish people commemorating it!

You need to get over yourself.

Oh well in that case......

:lol:

Then why don't they vote to change it?

Something tells me they don't.
What vote? If a vote was given to the citizens of the city the name change would be comfortably approved.

The Unionist parties will always officially refer to it as Londonderry but the majority of unionists call it Derry in their day to day lives.

PS I'm no sympathiser of the pathetic actions of the dissedents this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back