Londonderry Car Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe it would have no.

As with the current wave of terrorist activity around the world, you kill the leaders and another one steps up.
They didn’t have the capability then and it would have sent shockwaves to everyone. The current wave of terrorist pisses all over the one you refer to, total different ball game.

So you don’t believe that if the IRA Command has been taken out swathes of innocent people would not have been murdered? :lol:

They didn’t have the capability then and it would have sent shockwaves to everyone. The current wave of terrorist pisses all over the one you refer to, total different ball game.

So you don’t believe that if the IRA Command has been taken out swathes of innocent people would not have been murdered? :lol:
Like I said, others would have stepped up.

Catholic’s in NI were being discriminated against on a daily basis, by the RUC, government and armed forces sent in to protect them.

Jobs and houses for the unionist community were favoured over catholic families.

Like I said, others would have stepped up.

Catholic’s in NI were being discriminated against on a daily basis, by the RUC, government and armed forces sent in to protect them.

Jobs and houses for the unionist community were favoured over catholic families.
I’ll take my 24 years experience and several tours of NI and tell you they were not capable of stepping up and replacing the Army Council, maybe in your dreamworld but in reality it wasn’t possible.

Let’s not forget how many leading members were on the payroll, worth their weight in gold.

I’m also well aware of the job, housing and discrimination situation, that’s how my grandparents ended up in Sunderland.

I’ll take my 24 years experience and several tours of NI and tell you they were not capable of stepping up and replacing the Army Council, maybe in your dreamworld but in reality it wasn’t possible.

Let’s not forget how many leading members were on the payroll, worth their weight in gold.

I’m also well aware of the job, housing and discrimination situation, that’s how my grandparents ended up in Sunderland.

You’ll be eligible for an Irish passport then. ;)

You’ll be eligible for an Irish passport then. ;)
If I was good enough I could represent them at international football :lol:

That’s why I chuckle at that tommy puddleduck character, fancy thinking I hate “fenians” when my grandmother is from Jamaica Street in the Ardoyne.

Last edited:
I’m thinking more of the hunger strikers.
Make your mind up. There's a hell of a difference between people interned without trial in 1971 on the basis of shoddy intelligence and the likes of Francis Hughes and Bobby Sands who starved themselves to death after being convicted in court of serious offences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back