Londonderry Car Bomb

Sectarian bigots outed on this thread.

Bombs getting planted and the argument is about the name of the place they were planted.

I always called the Londonderry (it will never be the peacock) the Derry and I'm a protestant atheist.

Lets be fair, if the Irish wanted to come back under British control we would pass up on their offer anyway.

No you wouldn't. Some misguided Brexiteers even though that Ireland would leave the EU because they though that Ireland's biggest export market is the UK.
They don't even know that Ireland is only one of about 3 countries that import more from the UK than it exports to it (around 6 bn annually).

Quite a few IRA sympathisers shoeing their colours on this thread.

I knew which one would be on here giving his history lessons, another boring Republican bastard.

I said nothing of the sort.
What I would say is that it is irresponsible of the British Government to give oxygen to dissident Republicans that create the conditions to ignite a terrorist campaign in Ireland again.
It’s always the British Government at fault according to you, there isn’t a terrrorist campaign to ignite again in Ireland, there is one in Northern Ireland though.

Why don’t you just condemn the Real IRA or whatever they’ve decided to call themselves this week for their actions?

No you wouldn't. Some misguided Brexiteers even though that Ireland would leave the EU because they though that Ireland's biggest export market is the UK.
They don't even know that Ireland is only one of about 3 countries that import more from the UK than it exports to it (around 6 bn annually).

Why would we want another basket case that requires subsidising?

Why would we want another basket case that requires subsidising?
These Republicans bang on about a united Ireland but how the fuck could Ireland support Northern Ireland?

Dunno. It would upset the Arlene Fostaz wouldn't it. But the people of Derry keep calling it Derry. And everyone else over there too.

Anyway you will get @Harry Angstrom upset if you keep banging on about this.
You mean one side of the community do, you’re talking out of your hoop if you think otherwise.

You mean one side of the community do, you’re talking out of your hoop if you think otherwise.
I know plenty of protestants who do. The kind who f***ing hate the troubles through. It's only the dickheads call it Londonderry from what I've seen over there.

Bose was inspired by the IRA if that’s what you mean?
There had been at least 70 years prior to the 1920’s where there were groups seeking independence in India. Gandhi was cracking on with satyagraha before the Easter Rising even happened.

Most countries had an ongoing struggle for independence - tactics and its success inspires others. Dan Breen wrote a book on his struggle for freedom based on guerilla warfare and his tactics. Someone thought it worthwhile to translate it into Hindi in the mid 1920s.

De Valera was very close to Nehru. For example De Valera was one of the guests Mountbatton's last dinners for Nehru before departing India. Both countries have similar style flags and India used the Irish Constitution as a model for their own.

I know plenty of protestants who do. The kind who f***ing hate the troubles through. It's only the dickheads call it Londonderry from what I've seen over there.
May I ask what your experience is from “over there”, have you travelled all over the country and discussed it with these “dickheads” or are you just a random English bloke who has visited friends or family in Londonderry/Derry?

Most countries had an ongoing struggle for independence - tactics and its success inspires others. Dan Breen wrote a book on his struggle for freedom based on guerilla warfare and his tactics. Someone thought it worthwhile to translate it into Hindi in the mid 1920s.

De Valera was very close to Nehru. For example De Valera was one of the guests Mountbatton's last dinners for Nehru before departing India. Both countries have similar style flags and India used the Irish Constitution as a model for their own.
It sounds as though your trying to glorify or justify these backwards fuckers actions.

It’s always the British Government at fault according to you, there isn’t a terrrorist campaign to ignite again in Ireland, there is one in Northern Ireland though.

So Northern Ireland isn't on the island of Ireland now? And you think there will be no terrorist activity south of the border? You probably don't know that the biggest loss of life from terrorist activity was in the last civil war in Dublin (loyalists aided by British security forces).

Why don’t you just condemn the Real IRA or whatever they’ve decided to call themselves this week for their actions?

Of course I condemn them, like I condemn all terrorism and terrorists. PS - they are the New IRA and are vicious bastards. You might think the Provos were bad, but these lads are worse.

Back