London Climate Disruption

I now understand that we have 12 years to save the planet, but did science give us an exact deadline? Is there a date for the diary on this?

Are the Chinese on board with this as well? I know they're a great set of lads, but wondering if they will stick to the timeline as well.

I now understand that we have 12 years to save the planet, but did science give us an exact deadline? Is there a date for the diary on this?

Are the Chinese on board with this as well? I know they're a great set of lads, but wondering if they will stick to the timeline as well.

12 years before we reach the point of no return surely? ie the damage will be so bad the planet will be in an irreversible decline......Good on the protesters I say, the only thing govt are interested in is money and power........If cleaning up the climate will get them power they will deal with it.

12 years before we reach the point of no return surely? ie the damage will be so bad the planet will be in an irreversible decline......Good on the protesters I say, the only thing govt are interested in is money and power........If cleaning up the climate will get them power they will deal with it.
Well the only thing to do is start turning off our gas and electricity so it's no good talking about power, besides the bastard was useless on Saturday.

How can we 'clean up the climate?'

Has anybody come out and identified an area of focus, that can be realistically addressed within the time frame and with the desired outcome?

So we have to put our rubbish in different coloured bins while the rest of the world burn tyres and coal for fun, aye? It IS a middle class problem, nobody gives a flying fuck anywhere other than Western countries. I worked my carbon footprint out a while ago on a website. There were so many zeroes to the right of the decimal point that they wouldn't fit on the screen. If I had a couple of more kids though, the zeroes disappear. There is no problem caused by mankind that could not be solved by having fewer people. Hence, if you have more than one child you can fuck off telling me what to do. If child 2 lived on mung beans and only wore clothes made of hemp the carbon footprint is out of sight of mine.

How can we 'clean up the climate?'

Has anybody come out and identified an area of focus, that can be realistically addressed within the time frame and with the desired outcome?

Stop polluting it is phase one, just like a liver will repair itself once you stop off the drink then the earth will over time repair the damage done even if that takes many thousands of years.

Probably hugely simplistic but I love this.

So we have to put our rubbish in different coloured bins while the rest of the world burn tyres and coal for fun, aye? It IS a middle class problem, nobody gives a flying fuck anywhere other than Western countries. I worked my carbon footprint out a while ago on a website. There were so many zeroes to the right of the decimal point that they wouldn't fit on the screen. If I had a couple of more kids though, the zeroes disappear. There is no problem caused by mankind that could not be solved by having fewer people. Hence, if you have more than one child you can fuck off telling me what to do. If child 2 lived on mung beans and only wore clothes made of hemp the carbon footprint is out of sight of mine.

Nobody is telling anybody what to do, they are simply telling you what the implications are if you/we do nothing. If you want a planet to live on and for your kids/grandkids to live on then doing nothing is no longer an option.

As for the idea its only the West that gives a shit, thats largely because its the West who have been the biggest polluters for the longest due to our consumption based economies.....Compare Africa to Europe and you will start to see why we are the problem. Car ownership, meat consumption, electricity consumption, gas consumption etc

Last edited:
Stop polluting it is phase one, just like a liver will repair itself once you stop off the drink then the earth will over time repair the damage done even if that takes many thousands of years.

Probably hugely simplistic but I love this.

Can this be done in the 12 year window? Does every country need to be on board, or can us in the West just handle it ourselves? We might struggle getting some of the most polluting countries on board (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Egypt, Mongolia....). Maybe we need to force them to change??

I'm with the protesters on this one,

Humans are a f***ing stain on this planet in too many ways.

If you feel that strongly about it, don't have kids - problem solved. I watched a bleeding heart eco warrior telling us on the BBC how an area of Ethiopia was suffering a terrible drought due to climate change... then the veil slipped and he said that the population in that area had quadrupled since Live Aid. Well who would have f***ing thought it? Have one kid = no problem. Have two kids = a bit hungry. Have three kids = suffering now like. Have four kids = good chance one will die. It is not anywhere near as complicated as you are making out. STOP HAVING KIDS.

Can this be done in the 12 year window? Does every country need to be on board, or can us in the West just handle it ourselves? We might struggle getting some of the most polluting countries on board (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Egypt, Mongolia....). Maybe we need to force them to change??

Every country in the world signed up to the Paris climate change agreement....That nutter Trump decided that as well as climate change being a hoax the climate change agreement was all a big conspiracy to damage America. Actually a really interesting read.

One year since Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement

If you feel that strongly about it, don't have kids - problem solved. I watched a bleeding heart eco warrior telling us on the BBC how an area of Ethiopia was suffering a terrible drought due to climate change... then the veil slipped and he said that the population in that area had quadrupled since Live Aid. Well who would have f***ing thought it? Have one kid = no problem. Have two kids = a bit hungry. Have three kids = suffering now like. Have four kids = good chance one will die. It is not anywhere near as complicated as you are making out. STOP HAVING KIDS.

I agree that having too many children in deprived areas is a bad idea.

But my point was that as a collective we need to clean our act up when it comes to looking after the planet.

Agreed 100% regarding children but if we do then people are going to have to accept a life that is not based around consumption goods and people will have to either save for their own retirement or continue to work until they die as there is no way of supporting them without huge numbers of new tax payers.

Every country in the world signed up to the Paris climate change agreement....That nutter Trump decided that as well as climate change being a hoax the climate change agreement was all a big conspiracy to damage America. Actually a really interesting read.

One year since Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement
The Paris Agreement isn't going to solve any problems. None of the major industrialised countries are implementing the policies anyway!

So they are using aerosol spray cans and when they've gone others will need to use high powered chemicals to clean it all up !! Yesterday I suggested that Boris's water cannons should have been used. Today, clear the areas of innocents, tear gas the area, then dump them in a furniture van and drive it around for hours. As has been said, what the UK does (in pollution production) is minimal. They need to get a job, get a life and get a wash!

Back